This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, Starwood Preferred Guest® Luxury Credit Card from American Express
Marriott is currently offering a promotion at select properties in Africa and the Middle East. Through this promotion, you can get each third night for free on stays of three nights or longer that are booked with a Mastercard. The stay must be booked and check-in completed by Dec. 31.
Rooms booked through this promotion are nonrefundable and payment must be made with a Mastercard at the time of booking. Unfortunately, the new Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card is a Visa card and the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card is an American Express card — so you’d be best off to use a Citi Prestige Card or Citi Premier Card to earn 3 Citi ThankYou points per dollar spent on the stay.
To see promotional rates, click through from Marriott’s promotional page and sign in to your loyalty account. This promotion only applies to the hotel room rate and room tax, so you’ll be responsible for other hotel charges, service charges and other applicable taxes for your entire stay. The promotion’s terms and conditions say the “offers are based on Marriott’s best available unrestricted retail rates.” Several test searches found that these rates are indeed competitive.
This promotion is available at many attractive properties, including Le Méridien N’Fis in Marrakech, Morocco. TPG‘s Lori Zaino loved the property’s spacious suites, beautiful pool and delicious tea when she stayed earlier this year.
The promotion is also valid at beautiful Le Méridien Ile Maurice in Mauritius.
Or, if you want to stay next to pyramids in Egypt, the promotion is also available at Le Méridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa in Cairo.
The promotion’s terms and conditions list the following three offers:
- Buy 2 nights, Receive 1 Free Night Offer, which is only valid for a three-night minimum/maximum length of stay
- Buy 3 Nights, Receive 1 Free Night Offer, which is only valid for a four-night minimum/maximum length of stay
- Buy 4 Nights, Receive 2 Free Nights Offer, which is only valid for a six-night minimum/maximum length of stay
But, when clicking through to various properties, the rate provides every third night free. See the following evidence of three free nights on a nine-night stay:
If you have plans to visit Africa or the Middle East this November or December for a stay of at least three nights, this promotion is worth considering.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured photo of Le Méridien Ile Maurice courtesy of the property.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards