This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott is currently offering a promotion at select properties in Africa and the Middle East. Through this promotion, you can get each third night for free on stays of three nights or longer that are booked with a Mastercard. The stay must be booked and check-in completed by Dec. 31.
Rooms booked through this promotion are nonrefundable and payment must be made with a Mastercard at the time of booking. Unfortunately, the new Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card is a Visa card and the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card is an American Express card — so you’d be best off to use a Citi Prestige Card or Citi Premier Card to earn 3 Citi ThankYou points per dollar spent on the stay.
To see promotional rates, click through from Marriott’s promotional page and sign in to your loyalty account. This promotion only applies to the hotel room rate and room tax, so you’ll be responsible for other hotel charges, service charges and other applicable taxes for your entire stay. The promotion’s terms and conditions say the “offers are based on Marriott’s best available unrestricted retail rates.” Several test searches found that these rates are indeed competitive.
This promotion is available at many attractive properties, including Le Méridien N’Fis in Marrakech, Morocco. TPG‘s Lori Zaino loved the property’s spacious suites, beautiful pool and delicious tea when she stayed earlier this year.
The promotion is also valid at beautiful Le Méridien Ile Maurice in Mauritius.
Or, if you want to stay next to pyramids in Egypt, the promotion is also available at Le Méridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa in Cairo.
The promotion’s terms and conditions list the following three offers:
- Buy 2 nights, Receive 1 Free Night Offer, which is only valid for a three-night minimum/maximum length of stay
- Buy 3 Nights, Receive 1 Free Night Offer, which is only valid for a four-night minimum/maximum length of stay
- Buy 4 Nights, Receive 2 Free Nights Offer, which is only valid for a six-night minimum/maximum length of stay
But, when clicking through to various properties, the rate provides every third night free. See the following evidence of three free nights on a nine-night stay:
If you have plans to visit Africa or the Middle East this November or December for a stay of at least three nights, this promotion is worth considering.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured photo of Le Méridien Ile Maurice courtesy of the property.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees