Extended: Earn 2,500+ bonus points per stay with Marriott Bonvoy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Marriott Bonvoy has just extended its global ‘Views with a Bonus’ promotion, where you can score bonus points on your upcoming stays.
With this Marriott promotion, you’ll earn 2,500 Marriott points per stay plus a one-time bonus of 5,000 points after the third stay. The promotion is now valid for stays through Nov. 10, 2020, but advance registration is required.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Marriott’s latest promotion
The promotion is available to new and existing Marriott Bonvoy members. (Promotion no longer available.) You’ll earn an unlimited 2,500 bonus points per stay plus a one-time bonus of 5,000 points after the third stay. Based on TPG’s valuations of Marriott points at 0.8 cents each, you’d be getting an average $33 return on your first three stays and $20 return on all others.
You’ll earn the bonus points on stays from now through Nov. 10, 2020. To participate in the promotion, you must register here by Nov. 10, 2020.
You’ll be able to earn the bonus at most participating Marriott Bonvoy hotel brands, however:
- Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points
- Only points-qualifying rates are eligible, so award stays and bookings made through a third-party site like the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal or Expedia won’t earn bonus points
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity
- You must have your Marriott account set to earn points (not miles) to participate in the promotion
Other ways to earn Marriott points
Don’t have any upcoming travel planned? No problem, there are plenty of ways to boost your Marriott points balance without stays. The easiest way to do so is through welcome bonuses and spending on Marriott cobranded credit cards (terms apply) — and three are currently offering limited-time, enhanced offers.
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card: Earn 5 free nights after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening. Here’s our Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card review.
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card: Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Check out our Marriott Bonvoy Bold credit card review.
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card: Earn up to 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy points. Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 25,000 bonus points after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Enjoy complimentary Platinum Elite status with your Card for the 2021 status year. Offer Expires 1/13/2021. You can find out more about this premium card in our Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Amex card review.
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card: Earn 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Earn up to $150 in statement credits within your first 6 months of Card Membership for all eligible purchases on your Card on U.S. Advertising in select Media. Plus receive complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status for one year (February 1, 2021-January 31, 2022). Offer ends 1/13/21. Here’s our full Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex review.
You should definitely register for this promotion if you have any Marriott stays coming up. That said, it probably isn’t worth going out of your way to take advantage of it.
While most Marriott promotions in the past only earned bonus points starting with your second stay, we’ve seen better offers from Marriott in the past. It’s also worth noting that the World of Hyatt is also currently offering a better promotion. With Hyatt, you’ll earn 3x points on all stays through Jan. 14, 2021 and 4x points on resort stays.
If you do take advantage of this promotion, keep in mind that Marriott is now requiring guests to wear face coverings. The company has also established the Marriott Global Cleanliness Council to advise properties on implementing strategies to make them safer for guests and employees. This includes using technologies like electrostatic sprayers to disinfect rooms and common areas, enact social-distancing guidelines in lobbies, gyms, at the pool and more.
Featured image by Scott Mayerowitz/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!