Register now: Earn 1,500+ bonus points per stay with Marriott Bonvoy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott Bonvoy has just launched its newest global promotion, where you can score bonus points on your upcoming stays.
With this Marriott promotion, you’ll earn 1,500 bonus Marriott points per stay, plus 3,000 additional points on stays at All-Inclusive by Marriott Bonvoy resorts. The promotion is valid for stays between Sept. 14 and Dec. 12, 2021, but advance registration is required.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Marriott’s latest promotion
This promotion is available to new and existing Marriott Bonvoy members. You’ll earn an unlimited 1,500 bonus points per stay plus 3,000 additional points on stays at All-Inclusive by Marriott Bonvoy resorts. Based on TPG’s valuations of Marriott points at 0.8 cents each, you’d be getting an average $12 return on your stays and an additional $24 at the all-inclusive resorts.
You’ll earn the bonus points on stays from Sept. 14 through Dec. 12, 2021. To participate in the promotion, you must register here by Nov. 28, 2021.
You’ll be able to earn the bonus at most participating Marriott Bonvoy hotel brands, however:
- Homes & Villas by Marriott International, ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points
- Only points-qualifying rates are eligible, so award stays and bookings made through a third-party site like the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal or Expedia won’t earn bonus points
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity
- You must have your Marriott account set to earn points (not miles) to participate in the promotion
Other ways to earn Marriott points
Want to earn more points but don’t have any upcoming travel planned? No problem, there are plenty of ways to boost your Marriott points balance without stays. The easiest way to do so is through welcome bonuses and spending on Marriott cobranded credit cards (terms apply) — and some are offering limited-time, enhanced offers.
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card: Earn t125,000 bonus points + 1 free night (valued up to 50,000 points) after you spend $5,000 in the first three months from account opening (total of up to 175,000 bonus points). Here’s our Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card review.
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card: Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening. Check out our Marriott Bonvoy Bold credit card review.
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card: Earn 75,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months. Plus, earn up to $200 in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants within the first six months of card membership. You can find out more about this premium card in our Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Amex card review.
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card: Earn 125,000 Marriott bonus points & two bonus free night awards (each worth up to 50,000 points) after you use your new card to make $5,000 in eligible purchases within the first three months of card membership. Certain hotels have resort fees. Offer ends 11/3/21. Here’s our full Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex review.
You should definitely register for this promotion if even if you don’t yet have a Marriott reservation on your calendar. That said, it probably isn’t worth going out of your way to take advantage of it since it isn’t extraordinarily lucrative.
Featured photo of the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel by Ariana Arghandewal.
Welcome to The Points Guy!