This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Well, we can’t say we didn’t see this one coming — as promised and reiterated a handful of times over the past few days and weeks, Marriott has begun to take its loyalty program and booking platforms offline for Saturday’s scheduled program merger.
The SPG.com website currently shows a splash page indicating that there is an “Upgrade in progress,” and neither cash nor points bookings are available.
Expect the chain’s various websites and apps to be unavailable off and on throughout the day, with call center agents unable to access their systems intermittently as well. According to a report published on Frequent Miler, paid bookings may be available again as early as 9:30am Eastern Time, with awards back online beginning at 2:00pm, though that’s of course subject to change.
Since booking your next Marriott hotel stay is currently out of the question, I’d like to suggest some TPG-themed alternatives to keep you busy on this otherwise ordinary summer Saturday. Perhaps you’d like to…
- Narrow down your list of Marriott hotels to book once the sites are back online
- Catch up on the latest non-Marriott news
- Read some of our fine economy, business and first-class reviews
- Join Mommy Points and explore the ins and outs of family travel
- Peruse some of the latest paid and award flight deals
- Click through our library of thrilling travel-related video content
Otherwise, let’s all sit tight together, and get excited about all the great perks and redemptions to come. We’ll let you know when things are back up and running.
Feature photo by Shutterstock.com
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards