Now live: Earn 30,000 Marriott Bonvoy points by booking a 5-night stay with Homes & Villas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to book a vacation rental soon? It might be time to turn to Homes & Villas by Marriott International as the brand is offering the chance to earn 30,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points with a limited-time promotion.
If you didn’t know, Marriott isn’t just a hotel company. Back in 2019, it entered the home rental business with the launch of Homes & Villas by Marriott International, which is celebrating its third birthday this month. Today, the brand has about 60,000 curated listings around the world, though the homes aren’t owned or managed by the company itself. That said, the program offers a much more hotel-like experience compared to its more well-known competitors.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Homes & Villas may sound a lot like Airbnb. However, what truly sets it apart is that Marriott Bonvoy members who book rentals on the platform can earn and redeem points for stays, as well as elite qualifying nights.
To celebrate its third birthday, now through the end of May 18, Bonvoy members who book a stay of five nights or more with Homes & Villas will earn a bonus of 30,000 points. That’s in addition to 5 base points per eligible dollar spent on the booking (plus a potential bonus if you have elite Marriott Bonvoy status).
This is the biggest points promotion Homes & Villas as offered since its launch, according to Marriott. However, unless you already happened to be planning a trip and were about to book a vacation rental, it’s not necessarily the most incredible offer.
With Marriott’s recent move to dynamic pricing, 30,000 points won’t really get you very far, especially as hotel prices are skyrocketing this summer. For example, a Tuesday night stay at a Residence Inn in New York City later in May costs 40,000 points. In downtown Los Angeles, a Courtyard by Marriott will also set you back 40,000 for that same Tuesday night.
That doesn’t mean 30,000 points can’t get you somewhere, though. In San Antonio you could book a Saturday night stay at a SpringHill Suites near the River Walk for 25,000 points. For 27,000 you could snag a night at the Fairfield Inn & Suites near Universal Orlando Resort or the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld.
If you decide to pass on this particular promotion, however, there are plenty of ways to earn extra points and miles on a stay with Homes & Villas.
One way is to pay for your booking with a cobranded Marriott card like the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card which earns 6 Bonvoy points per dollar spent. You can also earn points by booking through a shopping portal. Homes & Villas by Marriott International happens to be on a handful of portals including American Airlines, where you can earn 1 mile per dollar spent.
In fact, TPG’s own executive editor was able to triple stack on a vacation earlier this year that earned him a whopping 210,000 points and miles for a five-night stay at a luxury ski rental. It just goes to show that with a little clever maneuvering you maximize any stay.
For Marriott Bonvoy loyalists, Homes & Villas by Marriott International is a great way to earn points for a vacation that’s better suited for a home rental than hotel. The brand’s current 30,000 bonus point offer is solid for people who are ready to book a stay now. However, it’s not such an impressive offer that it’s worth changing plans or frantically trying to throw a trip together before the booking window.
If you really want to snag the bonus points you could apply for the Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card to earn 30,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening.
Featured photo courtesy of Marriott.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees