Marriott adds complimentary on-site COVID-19 testing at properties across the Caribbean and Mexico
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Following Hyatt’s lead, the world’s largest hotel chain has rolled out a plan to provide complimentary on-site COVID-19 testing to guests staying at a selection of its properties across the Caribbean and Mexico.
This new offering will allow guests who travel to any participating resort to remain compliant with the United States’ recent rule requiring all incoming travelers to present proof of a negative COVID-19 rapid antigen or PCR test within three days of arrival into the country.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The complimentary testing is available for up to two people per room for guests staying three nights or longer at the following properties: JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa; Marriott Cancun Resort; The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun; Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa; W Punta de Mita; The Westin Resort and Spa, Puerto Vallarta; The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort; Solaz, a Luxury Collection Resort, Los Cabos; Zadun, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve; Aruba Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino and The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba.
Marriott’s also following Hyatt’s example by offering up to 50% off on flexible extended stay rates if a guest isn’t able to travel back to the U.S. due to a positive test.
It’s important to note if you’re not staying at any of the above Marriott properties, free COVID-19 testing will not be available, though you can speak with your property directly. They should be able to direct you to a local testing center so you can comply with the new U.S. rule. Additionally, the type of testing (both rapid antigen and PCR tests are accepted under the U.S. entry rule) will vary by property. If you require further tests on property, they will be available for purchase.
While not quite as widespread as Hyatt’s offering, it’s great to see Marriott get on board with offering free on-property testing across a range of its locations in popular places where Americans are traveling right now. It will allow travelers to continue to visit these resorts (and contribute tourism dollars to the region’s local economies) while more seamlessly complying with the U.S. testing-for-entry rule without the hassle of coordinating testing with local health centers.
Featured image by Melanie Lieberman/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.