Marriott Bonvoy Offering a Free Night to New Members After 2 Stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have you been putting off signing up for Marriott’s Bonvoy program? Well, if you don’t currently have an account, you might not want to hold off any longer. As reported by Points, Miles & Martinis, Marriott is now running a promotion for new members where you can earn a free night award (worth up to 25,000 points) after joining the program and completing two paid stays at Marriott properties from now through the end of November.
Here’s how it works.
- Visit this site.
- Enter your contact details and click Join Today.
- Follow the remaining prompts to finalize your enrollment.
After your account has been created, you’ll then need to visit Marriott.com to make your reservations. Once you’re completed two qualifying stays between July 9, 2019 and November 28, 2019, you’ll receive the free night as an electronic reward deposited directly into your Marriott account. It’ll be valid for one year from the date of issue, and you’ll be able to redeem it online when booking an award stay at an eligible property with a nightly award rate of 25,000 points or less.
If you’re new to the Marriott program and are planning to take advantage of this promotion, you may want to consider adding a cobranded credit card to your wallet at the same time. Either of the following would be a good option to make your first two stays (and beyond) more comfortable and enjoyable:
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card: Earn a welcome bonus of 75,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months. Plus, earn up to $200 in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants within the first six months of card membership. You’ll earn 6x points at participating Marriott hotels; 3x points at US restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines; and 2x points on all other eligible purchases. You’ll also receive one free night every year after your card account anniversary (valid up to 50,000 points) and enjoy up to a $300 annual statement credit every calendar year toward Marriott stays. The card also comes with a Global Entry/TSA PreCheck credit (up to $100), Priority Pass lounge privileges and automatic Gold Elite status all for a $450 annual fee (see: rates & fees). Enrollment required for select benefits.
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card: Earn 3 Free Night Awards (each free night award has a redemption value up to 50,000 bonus points, that’s a value of up to 150,000 total points) after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, earn 10X total points on up to $2,500 in combined purchases at grocery stores, restaurants, and gas stations within the first 6 months from account opening. You’ll earn up to 17x Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels and 2x points on all other eligible purchases. It also comes with a free award night every year (valid up to 35,000 points) and free Silver Elite status, all for an annual fee of just $95.
Remember, the promotion is only available to new members, so you won’t be able to take advantage of it if you’re already a Bonvoy member. But if you are already a member, you can utilize Marriott’s “Endless Earning” promo, which awards you 1,500 bonus points on stays of two nights or more at all participating Marriott properties. It’s worth about $12 based on TPG’s most recent valuations, but there’s no limit on bonus points you can earn.
Featured photo courtesy of Marriott.
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Amex, click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees