Marriott Bonvoy Offering a Free Night to New Members After 2 Stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have you been putting off signing up for Marriott’s Bonvoy program? Well, if you don’t currently have an account, you might not want to hold off any longer. As reported by Points, Miles & Martinis, Marriott is now running a promotion for new members where you can earn a free night award (worth up to 25,000 points) after joining the program and completing two paid stays at Marriott properties from now through the end of November.
Here’s how it works.
- Visit this site.
- Enter your contact details and click Join Today.
- Follow the remaining prompts to finalize your enrollment.
After your account has been created, you’ll then need to visit Marriott.com to make your reservations. Once you’re completed two qualifying stays between July 9, 2019 and November 28, 2019, you’ll receive the free night as an electronic reward deposited directly into your Marriott account. It’ll be valid for one year from the date of issue, and you’ll be able to redeem it online when booking an award stay at an eligible property with a nightly award rate of 25,000 points or less.
If you’re new to the Marriott program and are planning to take advantage of this promotion, you may want to consider adding a cobranded credit card to your wallet at the same time. Either of the following would be a good option to make your first two stays (and beyond) more comfortable and enjoyable:
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card: Earn a welcome bonus of 125,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first three months. Plus, earn up to $200 in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants within the first six months of card membership. Offer ends 5/12/2021. You’ll earn 6x points at participating Marriott hotels; 3x points at US restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines; and 2x points on all other eligible purchases. You’ll also receive one free night every year after your card account anniversary (valid up to 50,000 points) and enjoy up to a $300 annual credit every calendar year toward Marriott stays. The card also comes with a Global Entry/TSA PreCheck credit (up to $100), Priority Pass lounge privileges and automatic Gold Elite status all for a $450 annual fee (see: rates & fees). Terms Apply.
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card: Earn 75,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. You’ll earn 6x points at participating Marriott hotels and 2x points on all other eligible purchases. It also comes with a free award night every year (valid up to 35,000 points) and free Silver Elite status, all for an annual fee of just $95.
Remember, the promotion is only available to new members, so you won’t be able to take advantage of it if you’re already a Bonvoy member. But if you are already a member, you can utilize Marriott’s “Endless Earning” promo, which awards you 1,500 bonus points on stays of two nights or more at all participating Marriott properties. It’s worth about $12 based on TPG’s most recent valuations, but there’s no limit on bonus points you can earn.
Featured photo courtesy of Marriott.
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Amex, click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.