2 Barbados resorts set to reopen as part of Marriott’s all-inclusive portfolio
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott’s fast-growing collection of all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean is set to expand when it welcomes two more properties to its portfolio in the coming weeks.
The House and Treasure Beach by Elegant Hotels will reopen on May 18 and June 10, 2021, respectively, under the All-Inclusive by Marriott portfolio.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Both resorts are on the so-called “Platinum West Coast” of Barbados and will offer guests an array of experiences in the price of entry.
The House, an adults-only property, has just 34 rooms and is designed with beautiful outdoor spaces to give guests the feeling that they’re staying at a luxurious private beach home rather than a resort.
When the property reopens, guests can take advantage of a number of experiences included in their room rate such as multiple dining experiences like Champagne brunches, afternoon tea, appetizers in the evening and even a “Dine Around Program” that allows guests to hop between different restaurants at other Elegant Hotels on a water taxi.
You’ll also be able to partake in wellness treatments, water sports, island tours and a number of experiences that can be arranged by the hotel’s “Romance Concierge.”
Just down the beach sits Treasure Beach, which will open less than a month after The House, also as an all-inclusive Marriott property. This is another boutique property with just 35 one-bedroom suites, some of which have private plunge pools.
Treasure Beach emphasizes art, inside and outside the property. Each suite features “contemporary Caribbean design with regional artwork,” according to a press release from Elegant Hotels. The hotel also gives guests the option to rent easels and canvas to create their own work on the outdoor deck and offers film screenings in the evenings on the pool deck.
And, guests can participate in weekly “Treasure Art Crawls,” included in their room rate, which pass through local galleries, shops and creative districts in an effort to raise the profile of local artists and put money back into the local economy.
Of course, guests at Treasure Beach may take advantage of a number of culinary offerings, including wine tastings with the resort’s sommelier and a full range of water sports and fitness classes for no extra charge.
The House and Treasure Beach will join a number of other Elegant Hotels properties under the All-Inclusive by Marriott umbrella including the Colony Club Hotel, Tamarind, Crystal Cove, Turtle Beach and the Waves Hotel and Spa.
Initial rates at The House range from just under $650 to about $700 per night, while you can book a room at Treasure Beach from about $450 per night.
We don’t know yet which category these properties will fall under in Marriott’s Bonvoy program, but will update this story when we have more information.
Featured photo courtesy of Elegant Hotels
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.