Margaritaville to Take Over Manhattan
Wasting away again in… Manhattan?
That’s right, Margaritaville Holdings, the brand associated with a laid-back lifestyle, announced plans to build a new resort in Times Square in New York City. The hotel will have 234 rooms over 29 floors and, once complete, will cost $300 million.
— Margaritaville (@Margaritaville) April 24, 2018
The hotel is expected to open in late 2020 and will feature several Margaritaville food and beverage concepts like a rooftop bar and grill as well as retail space. The new resort hopes to bring a “no worries” vibe to the hustle of city life.
“From the beaches of Florida to the Great Smoky Mountains to the corner of Seventh Avenue and 40th Street, Margaritaville brings fun, relaxation and a much-needed escape from the every day to any set of coordinates,” said John Cohlan, chief executive officer of Margaritaville, in a press release. “The Margaritaville Resort Hotel and the lifestyle experience it offers will be the perfect complement to the exciting, fast-paced energy of Times Square and we can’t wait to bring this destination to the travelers and residents of New York City.”
The new hotel will be developed by Sharif El-Gamal, chairman and CEO of Soho Properties, in partnership with Chip and Andrew Weiss and MHP Real Estate Services. El-Gamal believes that the addition of Margaritaville in Times Square will contribute greatly to one of the city’s most visited neighborhoods.
Image courtesy of Margaritaville Holdings
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.