This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Road tripping around Europe has landed a top spot on many bucket lists, but finding the means to do so and figuring out the most efficient plan can make the trip more difficult than imaginable. However, University of Michigan professor Randy Olsen calculated the fastest way to circle all of Europe — and still hit the major tourist spots.
The entire trip hits 41 cities, takes two weeks of nonstop driving and some ferrying to compete and covers 16,287 miles. To maximize this mega road trip, you would definitely want to set aside a few months to get the most out of each stop.
This map takes you around all the most Instagramable places in Europe like the Venice canals, Amalfi Coast in Italy, Cliffs of Moher in Ireland, hotspots like Paris and London and coastal cities like Lagos, Portugal.
The full list of cities (in order) on this European track include:
- Innsbruck, Austria
- Munich, Germany
- Pag, Croatia
- Venice, Italy
- Amalfi, Italy
- Gozo, Malta
- Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Santorini, Thira, Greece
- Rila Monastery, Bulgaria
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Sighisoara, Mures County, Romania
- Budapest, Hungary
- Vienna, Austria
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Krakow, Poland
- Jägala Waterfall, 74205 Harjumaa, Estonia
- Lapland, Finland
- ICEBAR, Marknadsvägen, Jukkasjärvi, Sweden
- Bergen, Norway
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Berlin, Germany
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Keukenhof, Stationsweg, Lisse Netherlands
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Inverness, United Kingdom
- Ballybunion, Ireland
- Cliffs of Moher, Clare, Ireland
- Cornwall, United Kingdom
- Stonehenge, Amesbury, United Kingdom
- London, United Kingdom
- Brussels, Belgium
- Paris, France
- Pamplona, Spain
- Lagos, Portugal
- Granada, Spain
- Ibiza, Spain
- Barcelona, Spain
- Luberon, Bonnieux, France
- Nice, France
- Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Interlaken, Switzerland
H/T: The Culture Trip
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards