Here’s How to Map an Epic European Road Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Road tripping around Europe has landed a top spot on many bucket lists, but finding the means to do so and figuring out the most efficient plan can make the trip more difficult than imaginable. However, University of Michigan professor Randy Olsen calculated the fastest way to circle all of Europe — and still hit the major tourist spots.
The entire trip hits 41 cities, takes two weeks of nonstop driving and some ferrying to compete and covers 16,287 miles. To maximize this mega road trip, you would definitely want to set aside a few months to get the most out of each stop.
This map takes you around all the most Instagramable places in Europe like the Venice canals, Amalfi Coast in Italy, Cliffs of Moher in Ireland, hotspots like Paris and London and coastal cities like Lagos, Portugal.
The full list of cities (in order) on this European track include:
- Innsbruck, Austria
- Munich, Germany
- Pag, Croatia
- Venice, Italy
- Amalfi, Italy
- Gozo, Malta
- Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Santorini, Thira, Greece
- Rila Monastery, Bulgaria
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Sighisoara, Mures County, Romania
- Budapest, Hungary
- Vienna, Austria
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Krakow, Poland
- Jägala Waterfall, 74205 Harjumaa, Estonia
- Lapland, Finland
- ICEBAR, Marknadsvägen, Jukkasjärvi, Sweden
- Bergen, Norway
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Berlin, Germany
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Keukenhof, Stationsweg, Lisse Netherlands
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Inverness, United Kingdom
- Ballybunion, Ireland
- Cliffs of Moher, Clare, Ireland
- Cornwall, United Kingdom
- Stonehenge, Amesbury, United Kingdom
- London, United Kingdom
- Brussels, Belgium
- Paris, France
- Pamplona, Spain
- Lagos, Portugal
- Granada, Spain
- Ibiza, Spain
- Barcelona, Spain
- Luberon, Bonnieux, France
- Nice, France
- Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Interlaken, Switzerland
H/T: The Culture Trip
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees