This Maldives resort is offering long-term stays from $215 a night
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sometimes, a particular resort announcement hits our inboxes and makes nearly everyone at TPG take notice.
That’s the case with the “Stowaway Package” now offered by The Standard, Huruvalhi Maldives. Right now, you can book a 14-night stay starting at $3,600 or a 28-night stay from $6,000. Sure, it’s a hefty price tag, but the rate includes daily breakfast, a 20% discount off food at the resort’s dining venues and works out to be a cool $250 or $215 per night, depending on the length of stay.
The price is compelling — along with the fact that the Maldives is one of the few foreign countries open to Americans. All you have to do is pack a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 96 hours of departure and complete a Traveler Health Declaration within 24 hours prior to travel.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
If the four walls of your apartment or home have you feeling claustrophobic, why not work remotely from one of the most gorgeous island destinations on Earth? Or, just enjoy an extended vacation.
You can spend the days in your overwater or beach bungalow — both of which come with private plunge pools. Or, take boat trips to uninhabited islands and reefs, book a spa treatment, go fishing (day or nighttime tours are available), dive or snorkel. The resort’s “turtle expedition” and “starlight snorkel” are especially popular pastimes.
The Standard is a hip alternative to some of the competing resorts in the area. This is the brand’s first property in Asia but you might already be familiar with its outposts in New York City: The Standard, High Line and The Standard, East Village. There’s also a hotel in London as well as the Standard Spa in Miami Beach.
The resort also purports to serve “traditional celebratory Maldivian cuisine … by chefs trained by Maldivian ‘aunties.'” Look forward to dishes that include seafood, coconut curries and regional vegetables and fruit.
Book the package by April 30, 2021, for stays through Dec. 22, 2021. And, if you have to cancel, do so at least three days before arrival to avoid a cancellation penalty.
Featured image courtesy of The Standard, Huruvalhi Maldives
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.