Making Use of Those Capital One Miles, Oil Prices and Airfare, 12 Destinations for 2019 and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Now that Capital One has introduced transfer partners, here are the best ways to get your miles’ worth.
There’s good news and there’s bad news.
If your New Year’s resolution is to travel more, you’re in luck because TPG‘s Lori Zaino breaks down 12 destinations for each month of 2019.
Two huge hubs are getting their own beloved Centurion lounges.
The people have spoken.
Using the all new TPG review layout, Nick Ellis rated Emirates’ A380 flight, which scored a whopping 93 on our scale. No wonder it won the award for best international first class product!
. . . And how Brian Kelly stunned the crowd with a suit jacket covered in the winning card.
We guessed it. Oneworld now has 14 airline members.
Delta says it’s trying to expand its redemption options, but this might not be good news.
In other news. . .
It’s official. Skip the line at MSY!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.