Lyft Wants Riders to Give Real-Time Feedback During Trips
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a common occurrence — you’re in an Uber or Lyft and you feel like your driver is taking an inefficient route. You may want to suggest a better way to go but you’d feel rude piping up.
Well Lyft is introducing a new feature that may solve just that problem. Mashable reports that the ridesharing company is testing a feature that allows riders to give real-time feedback about your trip in the company’s app.
For now, you’ll only be able to give feedback on Lyft Shared rides (formerly known as Lyft Line), which is the company’s carpool option.
Uber rolled out a similar feature in May and Lyft has a comparable thought process as too why it’s adding this option. You give better feedback about an experience while it’s actually happening. For now, Lyft just wants riders to rate a trip’s route — was there bad traffic, did you reach your destination on time and were there too many stops?
Lyft wants to use rider comments to improve the shared ride experience. It says that any real-time feedback won’t affect a driver’s rating or tip.
Lyft will launch the tool on Friday to small subset of its users. While it’s still only in a beta stage, Lyft plans on expanding mid-ride feedback to all rides and all users in the future.
Featured image by ANGELA WEISS/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees