Lyft Wants Riders to Give Real-Time Feedback During Trips
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a common occurrence — you’re in an Uber or Lyft and you feel like your driver is taking an inefficient route. You may want to suggest a better way to go but you’d feel rude piping up.
Well Lyft is introducing a new feature that may solve just that problem. Mashable reports that the ridesharing company is testing a feature that allows riders to give real-time feedback about your trip in the company’s app.
For now, you’ll only be able to give feedback on Lyft Shared rides (formerly known as Lyft Line), which is the company’s carpool option.
Uber rolled out a similar feature in May and Lyft has a comparable thought process as too why it’s adding this option. You give better feedback about an experience while it’s actually happening. For now, Lyft just wants riders to rate a trip’s route — was there bad traffic, did you reach your destination on time and were there too many stops?
Lyft wants to use rider comments to improve the shared ride experience. It says that any real-time feedback won’t affect a driver’s rating or tip.
Lyft will launch the tool on Friday to small subset of its users. While it’s still only in a beta stage, Lyft plans on expanding mid-ride feedback to all rides and all users in the future.
Featured image by ANGELA WEISS/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.