Lyft Offers Discounts and Bonus Skymiles for Super Bowl
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you are headed to Atlanta for the big game, or just happen to be in town that week, Lyft is offering a discount for rides. Lyft is promoting its service and encouraging people to use the public transit system in Atlanta — known as MARTA — during Super Bowl weekend.
To get the discount, simply add the promo code SUPERMARTA to your Lyft app. The code is good for up to 50% (up to $10) off a total of 10 rides over the week. Unfortunately the discount doesn’t apply on rides to or from Hartsfield-Jackson International airport (ATL).
Lyft is also expanding its partnership with hometown Delta Air Lines for the big event. If you are a Delta Skymiles member and have linked your account with Lyft, you will earn five miles per dollar over the Super Bowl weekend. That’s a nice bonus over the normal 1:1 earn rate. Of course if you stack that with a credit card that also earns you points for Lyft rides, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, you could earn 3x on top of the Skymiles.
One other note is that Lyft has already introduced its e-scooter to the Atlanta area. The company is planning to expand those options prior to the Super Bowl weekend. Lyft users can unlock and rent a scooter directly in the existing Lyft app. Scooters are $1 to unlock and then $.15 per minute after that.
H/T: 11 ALIVE
Featured Photo by ANGELA WEISS/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.