Lyft Offers Discounts and Bonus Skymiles for Super Bowl
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you are headed to Atlanta for the big game, or just happen to be in town that week, Lyft is offering a discount for rides. Lyft is promoting its service and encouraging people to use the public transit system in Atlanta — known as MARTA — during Super Bowl weekend.
To get the discount, simply add the promo code SUPERMARTA to your Lyft app. The code is good for up to 50% (up to $10) off a total of 10 rides over the week. Unfortunately the discount doesn’t apply on rides to or from Hartsfield-Jackson International airport (ATL).
Lyft is also expanding its partnership with hometown Delta Air Lines for the big event. If you are a Delta Skymiles member and have linked your account with Lyft, you will earn five miles per dollar over the Super Bowl weekend. That’s a nice bonus over the normal 1:1 earn rate. Of course if you stack that with a credit card that also earns you points for Lyft rides, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, you could earn 3x on top of the Skymiles.
One other note is that Lyft has already introduced its e-scooter to the Atlanta area. The company is planning to expand those options prior to the Super Bowl weekend. Lyft users can unlock and rent a scooter directly in the existing Lyft app. Scooters are $1 to unlock and then $.15 per minute after that.
H/T: 11 ALIVE
Featured Photo by ANGELA WEISS/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees