This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you are headed to Atlanta for the big game, or just happen to be in town that week, Lyft is offering a discount for rides. Lyft is promoting its service and encouraging people to use the public transit system in Atlanta — known as MARTA — during Super Bowl weekend.
To get the discount, simply add the promo code SUPERMARTA to your Lyft app. The code is good for up to 50% (up to $10) off a total of 10 rides over the week. Unfortunately the discount doesn’t apply on rides to or from Hartsfield-Jackson International airport (ATL).
Lyft is also expanding its partnership with hometown Delta Air Lines for the big event. If you are a Delta Skymiles member and have linked your account with Lyft, you will earn five miles per dollar over the Super Bowl weekend. That’s a nice bonus over the normal 1:1 earn rate. Of course if you stack that with a credit card that also earns you points for Lyft rides, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, you could earn 3x on top of the Skymiles.
One other note is that Lyft has already introduced its e-scooter to the Atlanta area. The company is planning to expand those options prior to the Super Bowl weekend. Lyft users can unlock and rent a scooter directly in the existing Lyft app. Scooters are $1 to unlock and then $.15 per minute after that.
H/T: 11 ALIVE
Featured Photo by ANGELA WEISS/AFP/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees