This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you are headed to Atlanta for the big game, or just happen to be in town that week, Lyft is offering a discount for rides. Lyft is promoting its service and encouraging people to use the public transit system in Atlanta — known as MARTA — during Super Bowl weekend.
To get the discount, simply add the promo code SUPERMARTA to your Lyft app. The code is good for up to 50% (up to $10) off a total of 10 rides over the week. Unfortunately the discount doesn’t apply on rides to or from Hartsfield-Jackson International airport (ATL).
Lyft is also expanding its partnership with hometown Delta Air Lines for the big event. If you are a Delta Skymiles member and have linked your account with Lyft, you will earn five miles per dollar over the Super Bowl weekend. That’s a nice bonus over the normal 1:1 earn rate. Of course if you stack that with a credit card that also earns you points for Lyft rides, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, you could earn 3x on top of the Skymiles.
One other note is that Lyft has already introduced its e-scooter to the Atlanta area. The company is planning to expand those options prior to the Super Bowl weekend. Lyft users can unlock and rent a scooter directly in the existing Lyft app. Scooters are $1 to unlock and then $.15 per minute after that.
H/T: 11 ALIVE
Featured Photo by ANGELA WEISS/AFP/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards