Live the Suite Life in a London Hotel for Just $14.5 Million
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Why buy a home or rent an Airbnb in London when you can drop $14.5 million to live in a hotel room?
For travelers interested in relocating across the pond to London, an esteemed address is up for sale — a 3,705-square-foot apartment at the Corinthia Residences at 10 Whitehall Place, adjacent to the five-star Corinthia Hotel London. With a £11,250,00 (approximately $14.5 million) price tag, that’s more than $3,900 per square foot.
The prestigious address in the heart of Westminster is right across from Whitehall Gardens and just down the block from 10 Downing Street, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and a host of other monuments. The four-bedroom residence comprises an entrance hall, reception room, kitchen, dining room, study, a cloak room and an elevator. The master bedroom suite comes with a dressing room and bathroom clad in outright opulent Calcatta Oro marble imported from Italy.
Designed by award-winning London firm Goddard Littlefair (also responsible for the luxurious Gleneagles resort in Scotland), the apartment features high ceilings, fumed straight-grained oak floors, silk-pile carpets, original terra cotta chimneys and bespoke furnishings, not to mention modern chandeliers and other classy touches you’d expect to find in a suite that costs just slightly less than two private English islands. Like the luxurious hotel, this apartment was designed to impress.
Naturally, this opulent pied-à-terre will have access to Corinthia London’s hotel amenities, including a direct line for 24/7 concierge service, a trio of restaurants and four bars with cocktails and cuisine by chef Tom Kerridge (of a two Michelin-starred pub), round-the-clock room service and private access to the lauded ESPA spa. The property is just around the corner from the Embankment Tube station and Charing Cross rail station, but let’s be honest — if you’re buying this suite, you’re probably not taking public transportation.
According to the listing by Wetherell, it’s “one of seven remaining, beautifully interior designed lateral apartments.” So if you miss your chance on this one, there are still six more.
The hotel and residences come with a historic pedigree as well. The hotel originally opened in 1855 and served as the Air Ministry and Ministry of Defense from 1936 to 2007. Until the 1980s, the building at 10 Whitehall Place housed the UK’s Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food. Winston Churchill stood here during WWII and announced rationing. Thankfully, you won’t have to worry about that today.
Featured image courtesy of Corinthia Hotels.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.