Live the Suite Life in a London Hotel for Just $14.5 Million
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Why buy a home or rent an Airbnb in London when you can drop $14.5 million to live in a hotel room?
For travelers interested in relocating across the pond to London, an esteemed address is up for sale — a 3,705-square-foot apartment at the Corinthia Residences at 10 Whitehall Place, adjacent to the five-star Corinthia Hotel London. With a £11,250,00 (approximately $14.5 million) price tag, that’s more than $3,900 per square foot.
The prestigious address in the heart of Westminster is right across from Whitehall Gardens and just down the block from 10 Downing Street, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and a host of other monuments. The four-bedroom residence comprises an entrance hall, reception room, kitchen, dining room, study, a cloak room and an elevator. The master bedroom suite comes with a dressing room and bathroom clad in outright opulent Calcatta Oro marble imported from Italy.
Designed by award-winning London firm Goddard Littlefair (also responsible for the luxurious Gleneagles resort in Scotland), the apartment features high ceilings, fumed straight-grained oak floors, silk-pile carpets, original terra cotta chimneys and bespoke furnishings, not to mention modern chandeliers and other classy touches you’d expect to find in a suite that costs just slightly less than two private English islands. Like the luxurious hotel, this apartment was designed to impress.
Naturally, this opulent pied-à-terre will have access to Corinthia London’s hotel amenities, including a direct line for 24/7 concierge service, a trio of restaurants and four bars with cocktails and cuisine by chef Tom Kerridge (of a two Michelin-starred pub), round-the-clock room service and private access to the lauded ESPA spa. The property is just around the corner from the Embankment Tube station and Charing Cross rail station, but let’s be honest — if you’re buying this suite, you’re probably not taking public transportation.
According to the listing by Wetherell, it’s “one of seven remaining, beautifully interior designed lateral apartments.” So if you miss your chance on this one, there are still six more.
The hotel and residences come with a historic pedigree as well. The hotel originally opened in 1855 and served as the Air Ministry and Ministry of Defense from 1936 to 2007. Until the 1980s, the building at 10 Whitehall Place housed the UK’s Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food. Winston Churchill stood here during WWII and announced rationing. Thankfully, you won’t have to worry about that today.
Featured image courtesy of Corinthia Hotels.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees