This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On a typical week, Argentinian soccer player Lionel Messi makes $630,000, so it’s not so surprising that he’s been renting a $15 million decked-out Gulfstream V jet. Talk about #goals.
The jet reportedly has two bathrooms and 16 seats that can be folded down to make eight beds. The interior is simple yet completely luxe. Neutral tones, medium glossy wood, gold accents and large round windows make for a timeless design.
But the plane also has a few aspects that were uniquely added for Messi himself. On the tail, the plane sports Messi’s jersey number, 10. Let’s face it: It would seem wrong if it didn’t.
Messi’s G5 also has a sweet addition for those who presumably fly with him most often — his family. On the steps that lead into the plane read the names of his wife, Antonela, and three children, Thiago, Ciro and Mateo. Of course, Messi didn’t leave himself out.
According to FlightAware, the plane’s last flight was a short hop from Madrid (MAD) to Barcelona (BCN) this past Monday.
While it’s been reported that Messi is only renting the plane, it’s surprising that he hasn’t decided to buy it outright. Not only has he made some personalized additions to the plane, but he also can definitely afford it.
Alas, maybe he’s still unsure about going all-in on one of the most rapped-about aircrafts out there. Meanwhile, celebrities from Paris Hilton to Brad Pitt have been spotted flying with commercial airlines — some even in economy!
H/T: Business Insider
Featured image by Goals.com
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees