Take a Look Inside Soccer Star Lionel Messi’s $15 Million Private Jet
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On a typical week, Argentinian soccer player Lionel Messi makes $630,000, so it’s not so surprising that he’s been renting a $15 million decked-out Gulfstream V jet. Talk about #goals.
The jet reportedly has two bathrooms and 16 seats that can be folded down to make eight beds. The interior is simple yet completely luxe. Neutral tones, medium glossy wood, gold accents and large round windows make for a timeless design.
But the plane also has a few aspects that were uniquely added for Messi himself. On the tail, the plane sports Messi’s jersey number, 10. Let’s face it: It would seem wrong if it didn’t.
Messi’s G5 also has a sweet addition for those who presumably fly with him most often — his family. On the steps that lead into the plane read the names of his wife, Antonela, and three children, Thiago, Ciro and Mateo. Of course, Messi didn’t leave himself out.
According to FlightAware, the plane’s last flight was a short hop from Madrid (MAD) to Barcelona (BCN) this past Monday.
While it’s been reported that Messi is only renting the plane, it’s surprising that he hasn’t decided to buy it outright. Not only has he made some personalized additions to the plane, but he also can definitely afford it.
Alas, maybe he’s still unsure about going all-in on one of the most rapped-about aircrafts out there. Meanwhile, celebrities from Paris Hilton to Brad Pitt have been spotted flying with commercial airlines — some even in economy!
H/T: Business Insider
Featured image by Goals.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees