Thanksgiving travelers can get free public transit rides from LAX
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Although things seem to be improving at the ride-share lot at Los Angeles International Airport, if you’re heading to the City of Angels for Thanksgiving, you may want to hedge your bets and take public transit from the airport instead.
The airport announced that beginning Sunday, Nov. 24 through Dec. 2, travelers arriving at LAX would have a number of free ways to get from the airport to central points of interest around the metro area.
In a press release, the airport said travelers could present their boarding pass at the entrance to the Green Line Metro station for free rides to Downtown LA.
Passengers connecting at the LAX City Bus Center will also be eligible for free rides through Dec. 2 on all METRO buses, the Big Blue Bus, Torrance Transit and the Culver City bus. Only travelers who access the City Bus Center via the LAX shuttle and have a boarding pass from a flight that day will receive free transit connections.
“This Thanksgiving holiday is projected to be the busiest on record, which means like last year, traffic will be bad during peak times, so our guests should know that they have many choices to access and leave LAX,” Deborah Flint, CEO of Los Angeles World Airports said in a statement. “We are providing more convenient and frequent choices for our guests who want to reduce their travel stress by opting for a public transportation option.”
In addition to the free transit options, the airport is increasing the frequencies on a number of paid shuttle routes over the holiday long weekend.
Featured photo by kevinjeon00 / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.