Thanksgiving travelers can get free public transit rides from LAX
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Although things seem to be improving at the ride-share lot at Los Angeles International Airport, if you’re heading to the City of Angels for Thanksgiving, you may want to hedge your bets and take public transit from the airport instead.
The airport announced that beginning Sunday, Nov. 24 through Dec. 2, travelers arriving at LAX would have a number of free ways to get from the airport to central points of interest around the metro area.
In a press release, the airport said travelers could present their boarding pass at the entrance to the Green Line Metro station for free rides to Downtown LA.
Passengers connecting at the LAX City Bus Center will also be eligible for free rides through Dec. 2 on all METRO buses, the Big Blue Bus, Torrance Transit and the Culver City bus. Only travelers who access the City Bus Center via the LAX shuttle and have a boarding pass from a flight that day will receive free transit connections.
“This Thanksgiving holiday is projected to be the busiest on record, which means like last year, traffic will be bad during peak times, so our guests should know that they have many choices to access and leave LAX,” Deborah Flint, CEO of Los Angeles World Airports said in a statement. “We are providing more convenient and frequent choices for our guests who want to reduce their travel stress by opting for a public transportation option.”
In addition to the free transit options, the airport is increasing the frequencies on a number of paid shuttle routes over the holiday long weekend.
Featured photo by kevinjeon00 / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.