Thanksgiving travelers can get free public transit rides from LAX
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Although things seem to be improving at the ride-share lot at Los Angeles International Airport, if you’re heading to the City of Angels for Thanksgiving, you may want to hedge your bets and take public transit from the airport instead.
The airport announced that beginning Sunday, Nov. 24 through Dec. 2, travelers arriving at LAX would have a number of free ways to get from the airport to central points of interest around the metro area.
In a press release, the airport said travelers could present their boarding pass at the entrance to the Green Line Metro station for free rides to Downtown LA.
Passengers connecting at the LAX City Bus Center will also be eligible for free rides through Dec. 2 on all METRO buses, the Big Blue Bus, Torrance Transit and the Culver City bus. Only travelers who access the City Bus Center via the LAX shuttle and have a boarding pass from a flight that day will receive free transit connections.
“This Thanksgiving holiday is projected to be the busiest on record, which means like last year, traffic will be bad during peak times, so our guests should know that they have many choices to access and leave LAX,” Deborah Flint, CEO of Los Angeles World Airports said in a statement. “We are providing more convenient and frequent choices for our guests who want to reduce their travel stress by opting for a public transportation option.”
In addition to the free transit options, the airport is increasing the frequencies on a number of paid shuttle routes over the holiday long weekend.
Featured photo by kevinjeon00 / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees