Last Chance to Gift Hilton Honors Status
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you spent more than 60 nights with Hilton in 2018, time is quickly running out for you to take advantage of one of your perks from the Honors program: Gifting status to another Honors member. When Hilton refreshed the program in 2018, it added the ability for members to gift their level of status to someone else.
- You have until Jan. 31 to gift status to another member.
- Gifted status is good for 365 days from the gift date; it doesn’t follow the program year.
- You can not change who you gifted the status to during the year.
It’s important to note this benefit to gift status is based solely on nights. The ability to gift status to someone else will kick in at the 60-night mark and enable you to gift Gold status, at 100 nights you can gift Diamond. If you have already gifted status, that person would be upgraded to Diamond once you hit that mark.
When you are ready to send your gift, simply head over to the Hilton’s gifting status page. Once there, you can fill out the form and submit. You will need the name, email address and Honors account number of your lucky recipient.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured photo courtesy Curio Collection by Hilton, France.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.