Last chance to get Chase Sapphire Reserve before the fee jumps to $550
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Chase Sapphire Reserve
Beginning this Sunday, Jan. 12, 2020, the Chase Sapphire Reserve will cost $100 more for new applicants — as of that date, the annual fee jumps from $450 to $550, as the issuer adds a slew of new perks. There’s a silver lining in Chase’s planned changes, though — new customers who apply here before Jan. 12 will pay the lower $450 fee, and they’ll still get to take advantage of all of the new benefits.
Related Reading: Significant changes confirmed for Chase’s Sapphire Reserve card
Additionally, new cardholders are eligible for a 50,000-point sign-up bonus, worth $1,000, based on TPG’s valuations. All customers will also receive the following new benefits, beginning Jan. 12:
- One free year of Lyft Pink (valued at $19.99 per month)
- $60 in annual DoorDash statement credits in 2020
- $60 in annual DoorDash statement credits in 2021
In addition, cardholders receive the following:
- A $300 annual travel credit
- Lounge access via a Priority Pass Select membership
- DashPass membership for a minimum of one year
- An application fee waiver for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- Visa Infinite benefits, including primary rental car insurance, trip cancellation and delay coverage and more
You’ll also earn 3x points on all travel (excluding the $300 travel credit) and dining purchases worldwide and 1x points on everything else. You can choose to transfer your points to one of Chase’s 13 travel partners, or redeem them directly at a value of 1.5 cents per point. See our full review for a full list of benefits, earning opportunities, top redemptions and more.
Here’s the link to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve with a 50,000-point bonus after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months and a $450 annual fee by Jan. 11, 2020.
Featured photo by Isabelle Raphael/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!