Last Chance: Register Your Marriott Bonvoy Amex to Earn up to 100k Bonus Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Shortly after closing to new applicants, the Marriott Bonvoy Amex (formerly known as the SPG Amex) launched a spending bonus that gives existing card holders the opportunity to earn up to 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points. Like most Amex promotions and Amex Offers, registration is required in order to get the bonus, and the deadline — which has already been extended once — is coming up.
With this offer, you’ll earn 25,000 bonus points for every $25,000 you spend, up to $100,000, through Dec. 31 2019. Although you’ll have until the end of the year to meet the spending thresholds, you must register by May 31, 2019. (Note: You might need to use incognito mode for the link to work. Alternatively, if you’re eligible, you should be able to register through the Amex Offers section of your online account.) Even if you don’t think you’ll hit the spending thresholds, you might as well register, because there’s no cost to do so and you never know if your plans might change. Aside from having to have opened your account before January 23, 2019, this is not a targeted offer, though Amex has said that a small group of card members may not be eligible due to various reasons such as delinquencies, missed payments or suspicious account activity.
The offer effectively bumps the earning power of the card from 2 Marriott points per dollar to 3 points per dollar on otherwise non-bonused spending. That equates to 2.4 cents in value per dollar charged based on our valuations, which is a very solid return for everyday spending. However, you must spend increments of $25,000 on the card to earn the bonus points — you won’t receive any bonus points if you spend $24,999.
TPG values 100,000 Marriott points at $800, but if you’re strategic, you may be able to get over $1,000 in value. To give you a general idea, 25,000 points are enough for a standard free night at a Category 4 hotel, meanwhile 100,000 points will get you a free night at any of the 6,500+ hotels in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio, including all-suite hotels like the St. Regis Maldives and Al Maha Resort.
Keep reading to learn more about the Marriott Bonvoy cards:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees