This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the past two months, you’ve been able to transfer American Express Membership Rewards to Aer Lingus, British Airways or Iberia Avios with a 40% bonus. Whether you’ve taken advantage of this already or have been procrastinating, Thursday, Nov. 15, is your last chance to transfer points before this transfer bonus expires.
Membership Rewards members need to initiate an Avios transfer by 11:59pm Mountain Time on Nov. 15 to score this 40% bonus. After that time, the transfer ratio will reset to the recently increased 1:1 ratio. With or without the bonus, you’ll have to transfer Amex points to Avios in increments of 1,000 Membership Rewards points.
Over the past two months, we’ve shown all of the excellent Avios sweet spots that are made even sweeter by this transfer bonus. In case you missed them, here’s a round-up of what you can do:
- Business-class award flights to Spain from 49,000 transferred Membership Rewards points round-trip
- Award flights to Ireland from 19,000 transferred Membership Rewards points round-trip
- Beach getaways to Florida or the Caribbean for 11,000 transferred Membership Rewards points round-trip
- Short-haul domestic first class in American Airlines lie-flat business for 11,000 transferred Membership Rewards points one-way
- Transcontinental flights in American Airlines business or first class for 27,000 or 36,000 transferred Membership Rewards, respectively, each way
- Intra-Asia economy flights for 3,300 transferred Membership Rewards one-way
- Holiday getaways like New York City, Cancun, Los Angeles, Savannah or even Madrid
Once your points are transferred, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to book award flights with British Airways Avios through BA’s website.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.