This Las Vegas hotel is building 70-foot dome to host year-round pool parties
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Las Vegas never lacks for imagination, and today’s announcement follows a long line of “only in Vegas” developments: Vegas engineers have now figured out how to keep the pool parties bumping throughout the year.
Normally, if you head to Las Vegas for New Year’s Eve, Super Bowl weekend or, really, any trip during the spring, winter or fall, the rite of passage that is attending a pool “day club” party is probably beyond your reach.
The summer may bring scorching temperatures exceeding 100 degrees to the Las Vegas area but, believe it or not, it actually gets chilly for a majority of the year. That’s why the pool parties that are hopping throughout the summer all close for the fall and winter months — or at least, they used to.
Next weekend, the KAOS pool party at the Palms Casino will close, marking the end of the season, but instead of staying shuttered until April or May, it will reopen on Halloween under a climate-controlled dome for a massive party with Cardi B.
At 70-feet high, new KAOS Dome will be the largest of its kind in Las Vegas, covering 33,000 square feet of “outdoor” pool space, according to the Las Vegas Review Journal. With it, the pool party will rock from fall until spring, regardless of weather. So, when it’s snowing outside (yes, that can happen in Vegas), you can still don your swimsuit by the pool or at one of the 15 cabanas (many with their own private pools) within the transparent structure.
If the thought of a winter Vegas pool party is the motivation you need to start planning a trip, here are tips for leveraging elite status you may already have in Las Vegas, as well as fresh reviews of The NoMad Las Vegas, the Park MGM and Aria.
Featured image by Westend61 / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees