This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Las Vegas never lacks for imagination, and today’s announcement follows a long line of “only in Vegas” developments: Vegas engineers have now figured out how to keep the pool parties bumping throughout the year.
Normally, if you head to Las Vegas for New Year’s Eve, Super Bowl weekend or, really, any trip during the spring, winter or fall, the rite of passage that is attending a pool “day club” party is probably beyond your reach.
The summer may bring scorching temperatures exceeding 100 degrees to the Las Vegas area but, believe it or not, it actually gets chilly for a majority of the year. That’s why the pool parties that are hopping throughout the summer all close for the fall and winter months — or at least, they used to.
Next weekend, the KAOS pool party at the Palms Casino will close, marking the end of the season, but instead of staying shuttered until April or May, it will reopen on Halloween under a climate-controlled dome for a massive party with Cardi B.
At 70-feet high, new KAOS Dome will be the largest of its kind in Las Vegas, covering 33,000 square feet of “outdoor” pool space, according to the Las Vegas Review Journal. With it, the pool party will rock from fall until spring, regardless of weather. So, when it’s snowing outside (yes, that can happen in Vegas), you can still don your swimsuit by the pool or at one of the 15 cabanas (many with their own private pools) within the transparent structure.
If the thought of a winter Vegas pool party is the motivation you need to start planning a trip, here are tips for leveraging elite status you may already have in Las Vegas, as well as fresh reviews of The NoMad Las Vegas, the Park MGM and Aria.
Featured image by Westend61 / Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees