Korean Air May Raise Refund Fees for Premium Class Tickets
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
“Idiot” fans are why we can’t have nice things: Following last week’s debacle with rowdy celebrity fans who delayed an entire international flight with their disruptive behavior, Korean Air has announced that the airline will increase refund fees for premium cabin tickets beginning Jan. 1, 2019, from around $27 USD to $177 USD.
Crazed fans swarming celebrities have increasingly become an issue in Asian airports, according to Korean news outlet Chosun Ilbo, and Incheon International Airport officials have particularly been at a loss to address various problems with these “sasaeng” fans, whose obsessions can border on delusional, who go so far as to purchase full-fare first-class tickets in order to get through security checkpoints and follow their cult idols around the airport.
Thus far, the airline’s website doesn’t reflect the fee increase, which was reported by Singapore’s Straits Times, and TPG had not heard back from Korean Air as of the time of publication.
Featured photo by Shutterstock. The “finger-heart” hand gesture is a popular South Korean way to flash a “love” symbol in photos.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.