Korean Air May Raise Refund Fees for Premium Class Tickets
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
“Idiot” fans are why we can’t have nice things: Following last week’s debacle with rowdy celebrity fans who delayed an entire international flight with their disruptive behavior, Korean Air has announced that the airline will increase refund fees for premium cabin tickets beginning Jan. 1, 2019, from around $27 USD to $177 USD.
Crazed fans swarming celebrities have increasingly become an issue in Asian airports, according to Korean news outlet Chosun Ilbo, and Incheon International Airport officials have particularly been at a loss to address various problems with these “sasaeng” fans, whose obsessions can border on delusional, who go so far as to purchase full-fare first-class tickets in order to get through security checkpoints and follow their cult idols around the airport.
Thus far, the airline’s website doesn’t reflect the fee increase, which was reported by Singapore’s Straits Times, and TPG had not heard back from Korean Air as of the time of publication.
Featured photo by Shutterstock. The “finger-heart” hand gesture is a popular South Korean way to flash a “love” symbol in photos.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees