Korean Air May Raise Refund Fees for Premium Class Tickets
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
“Idiot” fans are why we can’t have nice things: Following last week’s debacle with rowdy celebrity fans who delayed an entire international flight with their disruptive behavior, Korean Air has announced that the airline will increase refund fees for premium cabin tickets beginning Jan. 1, 2019, from around $27 USD to $177 USD.
Crazed fans swarming celebrities have increasingly become an issue in Asian airports, according to Korean news outlet Chosun Ilbo, and Incheon International Airport officials have particularly been at a loss to address various problems with these “sasaeng” fans, whose obsessions can border on delusional, who go so far as to purchase full-fare first-class tickets in order to get through security checkpoints and follow their cult idols around the airport.
Thus far, the airline’s website doesn’t reflect the fee increase, which was reported by Singapore’s Straits Times, and TPG had not heard back from Korean Air as of the time of publication.
Featured photo by Shutterstock. The “finger-heart” hand gesture is a popular South Korean way to flash a “love” symbol in photos.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.