This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the latest example of “this is why we can’t have nice things,” Korean Air is raising rates on last-minute ticket changes.
Following a particularly egregious display of poor behavior from celebrity-crazed youth, Korean Air announced it would soon increase refund fees on cancelled and no-show tickets, even on premium fares.
Those fees went into effect on Jan. 1 and are even higher than previously reported. Travelers who no-show for their flights will lose between $50-120, depending on the length of the flight, while those who cancel their flights after checking in and entering the secure departure area of the airport stand to lose between $250-320.
Here’s a breakdown of the new fees:
||Region||No-Show Penalty||Cancellation after entering the departure area|
|Long Haul||America/Europe/Middle East/Oceania/Africa||USD 120
|Medium Haul||Southeast Asia/Southwest Asia/Tashkent||USD 70
|Short Haul||Korea/Japan/China/Hong Kong/Taipei/Ulaanbaatar/Vladivostok/Irkutsk||USD 50
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees