This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Navigating through unknown airport terminals can be a nightmare; you don’t know which way to go, where your gate is or if there’s a change, or where the restrooms and restaurants are. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines wants to change that and make your trips a little bit easier this summer.
The airline is launching a self-driving trolley that will guide KLM passengers through airports while transporting their carry-on luggage. The trolley, a nonverbal, small, blue cart, called Care-E, will greet passengers after the security checkpoint, prompt them to scan their boarding pass and guide them to any location within the airport.
Care-E will be available for a free, two-day passenger demo trial at New York (JFK) and San Francisco (SFO) airports in later this month and in August — KLM hasn’t confirmed a set date for either airport. The robot assistant will know if your gate has been changed and can carry up to 85 pounds of your carry-on luggage. Care-E will also move at the average human walking pace, around 3mph.
Check out KLM’s introduction to Care-E, below:
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees