This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Navigating through unknown airport terminals can be a nightmare; you don’t know which way to go, where your gate is or if there’s a change, or where the restrooms and restaurants are. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines wants to change that and make your trips a little bit easier this summer.
The airline is launching a self-driving trolley that will guide KLM passengers through airports while transporting their carry-on luggage. The trolley, a nonverbal, small, blue cart, called Care-E, will greet passengers after the security checkpoint, prompt them to scan their boarding pass and guide them to any location within the airport.
Care-E will be available for a free, two-day passenger demo trial at New York (JFK) and San Francisco (SFO) airports in later this month and in August — KLM hasn’t confirmed a set date for either airport. The robot assistant will know if your gate has been changed and can carry up to 85 pounds of your carry-on luggage. Care-E will also move at the average human walking pace, around 3mph.
Check out KLM’s introduction to Care-E, below:
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards