This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A KLM Boeing 747-400 aircraft suffered engine damage Monday morning when it was hit by a high-loader on its No. 4 engine cowling while being towed at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS).
The plane had just arrived at AMS from Johan Adolf Pengel International Airport (PBM) and was on the airport’s Romeo platform, a location usually occupied by parked freight flights, when the collision occurred.
The airline reported no passengers aboard the plane at the time of the collision. No one was injured despite severe damage to the engine and cowling. The damage to the cowling, which helps promote airflow to the engine while also protecting it, was said to be “significant.” The plane, a Boeing 747-400, was reportedly on its way to be parked.
AMS is the third largest airport in the world and is a well-known place for AvGeeks to go plane spotting due to its high traffic and unique aircraft models.
Images by Omar R. via Airlive.com.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees