KLM Aircraft Engine Damaged in Collision at Schiphol
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A KLM Boeing 747-400 aircraft suffered engine damage Monday morning when it was hit by a high-loader on its No. 4 engine cowling while being towed at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS).
The plane had just arrived at AMS from Johan Adolf Pengel International Airport (PBM) and was on the airport’s Romeo platform, a location usually occupied by parked freight flights, when the collision occurred.
The airline reported no passengers aboard the plane at the time of the collision. No one was injured despite severe damage to the engine and cowling. The damage to the cowling, which helps promote airflow to the engine while also protecting it, was said to be “significant.” The plane, a Boeing 747-400, was reportedly on its way to be parked.
AMS is the third largest airport in the world and is a well-known place for AvGeeks to go plane spotting due to its high traffic and unique aircraft models.
Images by Omar R. via Airlive.com.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.