This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Kimpton Everly Hotel in Hollywood, CA, is taking “guest book” to the next level. Room 301, where the guest book lives, is a new social experiment launched by Kimpton available only at the Everly Hotel. It’s designed to foster human connection by asking guests to leave a part of themselves behind in their room.
In Room 301, located on the 12th floor and boasting stunning views of Hollywood, guests are encouraged to take pictures of themselves and leave detailed and creative notes in the guest book. Guests staying in the standard King room, which features unique amenities aimed at sparking human connection, are encouraged to dig deep and share something about themselves for future guests. Creativity will be key to this social experiment, based on Kimpton’s video introduction.
The video features two guests writing in the guest book, exchanging notes, leaving notes on a blackboard, and taking fun selfies. There also appears to be a Spotify playlist curated for Kimpton’s Room 301 project.
If the social and interactive aspects of Room 301 aren’t appealing to you, the room comes with some other valuable benefits. These benefits include:
- 15% off the best flexible rate at The Kimpton Everly Hotel
- $10 per night donation to The Trevor Project or No Kid Hungry
- Welcome amenity valued at $200 with gifts hand-selected by the hotel
Kimpton’s Room 301 will be available at the Everly now through November 30, 2018. If you’re interested in trying out Room 301 for yourself, you will have to contact The Kimpton Everly Hotel directly as the rate is not available online. Other Kimpton Everly rooms start around $269 per night before taxes.
Kimpton plans to add concepts inspired by Room 301 experiences at properties across the country. To inquire about booking the room email StayHuman@KimptonGroup.com.
H/T: 107.9 WSRZ
Header image courtesy of The Everly Hotel on Facebook.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees