This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Kimpton Everly Hotel in Hollywood, CA, is taking “guest book” to the next level. Room 301, where the guest book lives, is a new social experiment launched by Kimpton available only at the Everly Hotel. It’s designed to foster human connection by asking guests to leave a part of themselves behind in their room.
In Room 301, located on the 12th floor and boasting stunning views of Hollywood, guests are encouraged to take pictures of themselves and leave detailed and creative notes in the guest book. Guests staying in the standard King room, which features unique amenities aimed at sparking human connection, are encouraged to dig deep and share something about themselves for future guests. Creativity will be key to this social experiment, based on Kimpton’s video introduction.
The video features two guests writing in the guest book, exchanging notes, leaving notes on a blackboard, and taking fun selfies. There also appears to be a Spotify playlist curated for Kimpton’s Room 301 project.
If the social and interactive aspects of Room 301 aren’t appealing to you, the room comes with some other valuable benefits. These benefits include:
- 15% off the best flexible rate at The Kimpton Everly Hotel
- $10 per night donation to The Trevor Project or No Kid Hungry
- Welcome amenity valued at $200 with gifts hand-selected by the hotel
Kimpton’s Room 301 will be available at the Everly now through November 30, 2018. If you’re interested in trying out Room 301 for yourself, you will have to contact The Kimpton Everly Hotel directly as the rate is not available online. Other Kimpton Everly rooms start around $269 per night before taxes.
Kimpton plans to add concepts inspired by Room 301 experiences at properties across the country. To inquire about booking the room email StayHuman@KimptonGroup.com.
H/T: 107.9 WSRZ
Header image courtesy of The Everly Hotel on Facebook.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards