This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Need to take a break from winter?
Kimpton runs far more promotions than any other IHG hotel brand. From secret passwords to weekly last minute deals and periodic sales, Kimpton keeps its properties accessible to travelers. And now, Kimpton’s Fly the Coop Winter Sale may save you some cash if you’re planning to stay at certain Kimpton properties this winter or spring.
The Fly the Coop sale features rates that are 25% to 35% off the best flexible rate at 61 participating Kimpton properties. To take advantage of the sale rate, you’ll need to book by Jan. 21 and stay by April 30. The sale rate has a seven-day cancellation policy, meaning you must cancel at least seven days prior to your scheduled arrival in order to avoid being charged. The rate is only available to IHG Rewards Club members.
Though the discount on the best flexible rate ranges, only three Portland, Oregon properties — Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland and Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel — are offering up to 35% off.
And 40 Kimpton properties are offering up to 25% off, including Kimpton Everly Hotel in Los Angeles Hollywood, Kimpton La Peer Hotel in Los Angeles West Hollywood, Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel and Spa in Vero Beach, Florida and Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam in Amsterdam City Centre.
Remember, not all Kimpton properties are participating in this promotion, and some have particular dates or days of the week blacked out. You can see all 61 participating Kimpton properties on IHG’s website.
Since the Fly the Coop Winter Sale rate has a seven-day cancellation policy, we recommend that you go ahead and book stays for any potential spring trips, because you have time to cancel your reservation if your plans change. When you book, be sure to use the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card to earn 10 IHG points per dollar spent or the Chase Sapphire Reserve to earn 3 Chase Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent. Based on TPG’s latest valuations, either card will get you a 6% return on the stay.
Featured photo of Kimpton Everly Hotel courtesy of Kimpton.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards