Say These Three Words at Kimpton Check-In to Get a Surprise
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Even after being acquired by IHG, Kimpton has worked to keep its playful and sociable boutique hotel feel. Although Kimpton, like any hotel, can be hit or miss during stays, the brand is generally well loved due to its atmosphere and uniqueness.
One unique promotion, which the brand has run multiple times before, involves unlocking a free gift by saying a particular phrase during check-in. Now, through February 17 you’ll get a special surprise if you can weave the phrase “chilled to perfection” into your check-in narrative.
But, some readers have reported that check-in agents seem confused about the phrase. So, be prepared to remind the check-in agent of the promotion or even just say something along the lines of “I saw on Twitter that the words ‘chilled to perfection’ will get me a special surprise at check-in” and get the manager involved if the check-in agent is still confused.
Guests have reported receiving various surprises through previous secret phrases. When Mommy Points and her family stayed at Kimpton’s Hotel Monaco Denver over the summer, the secret phrase gave them a spin of the prize wheel:
Readers and reports from FlyerTalk have noted various types of surprises this go around we asll. If the surprise you’re offered doesn’t work for you — like comped parking when you don’t have a car — you may be able to ask for a different surprise. The following surprises have been reported thus far:
- A bottle of wine
- Comped parking
- Branded coffee mug
- Two drinks at the on-site bar
- Doubled Raid the Bar credit
- Room upgrade
- $30 dining credit
- Breakfast vouchers
- Hot chocolate kit
- In-room movie
Plus, remember that Gold Elite, Platinum Elite and Spire Elite IHG Rewards Club members get a Raid the Bar credit. The easiest way to get IHG elite status is through the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, which provides Platinum Elite status. The card has an $89 annual fee, but the annual fee essentially pays for itself due to the annual free night benefit.
The information for the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured photo of the lobby at the Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam by Eric Rosen / The Points Guy.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee