This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Even after being acquired by IHG, Kimpton has worked to keep its playful and sociable boutique hotel feel. Although Kimpton, like any hotel, can be hit or miss during stays, the brand is generally well loved due to its atmosphere and uniqueness.
One unique promotion, which the brand has run multiple times before, involves unlocking a free gift by saying a particular phrase during check-in. Now, through February 17 you’ll get a special surprise if you can weave the phrase “chilled to perfection” into your check-in narrative.
But, some readers have reported that check-in agents seem confused about the phrase. So, be prepared to remind the check-in agent of the promotion or even just say something along the lines of “I saw on Twitter that the words ‘chilled to perfection’ will get me a special surprise at check-in” and get the manager involved if the check-in agent is still confused.
Guests have reported receiving various surprises through previous secret phrases. When Mommy Points and her family stayed at Kimpton’s Hotel Monaco Denver over the summer, the secret phrase gave them a spin of the prize wheel:
Readers and reports from FlyerTalk have noted various types of surprises this go around we asll. If the surprise you’re offered doesn’t work for you — like comped parking when you don’t have a car — you may be able to ask for a different surprise. The following surprises have been reported thus far:
- A bottle of wine
- Comped parking
- Branded coffee mug
- Two drinks at the on-site bar
- Doubled Raid the Bar credit
- Room upgrade
- $30 dining credit
- Breakfast vouchers
- Hot chocolate kit
- In-room movie
Plus, remember that Gold Elite, Platinum Elite and Spire Elite IHG Rewards Club members get a Raid the Bar credit. The easiest way to get IHG elite status is through the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, which provides Platinum Elite status. The card has an $89 annual fee, but the annual fee essentially pays for itself due to the annual free night benefit.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured photo of the lobby at the Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam by Eric Rosen / The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: 70,000 Miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $980
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2x miles on AA purchases plus 2x miles at gas stations and at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers and car rental merchants. Get your first checked bag free.
- Designed for businesses
- For a limited time: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $4,000 in purchases in first 4 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries to reduce travel costs and boost your bottom line*
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi when you use your card*
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and at gas stations*
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent on other purchases*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees*