This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Even after being acquired by IHG, Kimpton has worked to keep its playful and sociable boutique hotel feel. Although Kimpton, like any hotel, can be hit or miss during stays, the brand is generally well loved due to its atmosphere and uniqueness.
One unique promotion, which the brand has run multiple times before, involves unlocking a free gift by saying a particular phrase during check-in. Now, through February 17 you’ll get a special surprise if you can weave the phrase “chilled to perfection” into your check-in narrative.
But, some readers have reported that check-in agents seem confused about the phrase. So, be prepared to remind the check-in agent of the promotion or even just say something along the lines of “I saw on Twitter that the words ‘chilled to perfection’ will get me a special surprise at check-in” and get the manager involved if the check-in agent is still confused.
Guests have reported receiving various surprises through previous secret phrases. When Mommy Points and her family stayed at Kimpton’s Hotel Monaco Denver over the summer, the secret phrase gave them a spin of the prize wheel:
Readers and reports from FlyerTalk have noted various types of surprises this go around we asll. If the surprise you’re offered doesn’t work for you — like comped parking when you don’t have a car — you may be able to ask for a different surprise. The following surprises have been reported thus far:
- A bottle of wine
- Comped parking
- Branded coffee mug
- Two drinks at the on-site bar
- Doubled Raid the Bar credit
- Room upgrade
- $30 dining credit
- Breakfast vouchers
- Hot chocolate kit
- In-room movie
Plus, remember that Gold Elite, Platinum Elite and Spire Elite IHG Rewards Club members get a Raid the Bar credit. The easiest way to get IHG elite status is through the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, which provides Platinum Elite status. The card has an $89 annual fee, but the annual fee essentially pays for itself due to the annual free night benefit.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Featured photo of the lobby at the Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam by Eric Rosen / The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards