Watch a Video Tour of a Private 747 Jet… Led by Kim Kardashian
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Kim Kardashian West is officially an AvGeek.
The reality star displayed her inner airplane nerd in a video tour of a private Boeing 747 jet posted to her Instagram account on Monday. Kardashian flew the huge aircraft with her husband, rapper Kanye West, though it isn’t clear where the ultra-famous couple was flying to or from on the Queen.
It also wasn’t clear from the video if the power couple chartered the jet themselves — which experts estimate would cost somewhere in the ballpark of a cool $20,000 per hour — or if Adidas was footing the bill for the plane. Kanye West designs his popular Yeezy sneakers for the brand, and Kardashian mentions “team Adidas” in parts of her posts.
The video shows the different areas of the massive double-decker 747 jet, narrated by an excited Kardashian. “There are bedrooms everywhere,” she says, including a bedroom where the couple stayed “for the long flight,” complete with an en suite bathroom with marble fixtures. There is also a large dining area, a space with a couch that Kardashian calls a “chill room” and a cabin in what looks like a 2-2-2 configuration that somewhat resembles a domestic first-class cabin on a US carrier.
Boeing 747s are 4,000 square feet and can fit up to 660 passengers on a commercial flight. Though on this 747SP, the aircraft can’t carry quite that number of passengers.
According to Planespotters, the 747SP is 39 years old and owned by the Las Vegas Sands Corporation. The age of the plane shows in the recliner seats, which appear to be a little dated compared to what’s available in the newest cabins on commercial carriers.
Regardless of the plane’s age, there is so much space on the plane that Kardashian brought along her trainer and documented herself working out on board doing lunges down one of the aisles of the plane.
The president of the United States also flies on a modified private 747, dubbed Air Force One when he is on board. That iconic plane is also outfitted with a conference room, dining room, an inflight “Oval Office,” a presidential bedroom and bathroom — and ones for senior staffers — and its own medical room and operating room for inflight emergencies.
Let newly minted AvGeek Kim K. take you on tour of her mammoth chartered plane in the video below:
Featured image by Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.