Watch a Video Tour of a Private 747 Jet… Led by Kim Kardashian
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Kim Kardashian West is officially an AvGeek.
The reality star displayed her inner airplane nerd in a video tour of a private Boeing 747 jet posted to her Instagram account on Monday. Kardashian flew the huge aircraft with her husband, rapper Kanye West, though it isn’t clear where the ultra-famous couple was flying to or from on the Queen.
It also wasn’t clear from the video if the power couple chartered the jet themselves — which experts estimate would cost somewhere in the ballpark of a cool $20,000 per hour — or if Adidas was footing the bill for the plane. Kanye West designs his popular Yeezy sneakers for the brand, and Kardashian mentions “team Adidas” in parts of her posts.
The video shows the different areas of the massive double-decker 747 jet, narrated by an excited Kardashian. “There are bedrooms everywhere,” she says, including a bedroom where the couple stayed “for the long flight,” complete with an en suite bathroom with marble fixtures. There is also a large dining area, a space with a couch that Kardashian calls a “chill room” and a cabin in what looks like a 2-2-2 configuration that somewhat resembles a domestic first-class cabin on a US carrier.
Boeing 747s are 4,000 square feet and can fit up to 660 passengers on a commercial flight. Though on this 747SP, the aircraft can’t carry quite that number of passengers.
According to Planespotters, the 747SP is 39 years old and owned by the Las Vegas Sands Corporation. The age of the plane shows in the recliner seats, which appear to be a little dated compared to what’s available in the newest cabins on commercial carriers.
Regardless of the plane’s age, there is so much space on the plane that Kardashian brought along her trainer and documented herself working out on board doing lunges down one of the aisles of the plane.
The president of the United States also flies on a modified private 747, dubbed Air Force One when he is on board. That iconic plane is also outfitted with a conference room, dining room, an inflight “Oval Office,” a presidential bedroom and bathroom — and ones for senior staffers — and its own medical room and operating room for inflight emergencies.
Let newly minted AvGeek Kim K. take you on tour of her mammoth chartered plane in the video below:
Featured image by Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees