K-Pop group stars in new Korean Air safety briefing
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The next time you fly Korean Air, you may want to pay extra attention to the safety briefing — especially if you’re a K-Pop fan.
Korean Air partnered with hit K-Pop group SuperM, in partnership with SM Entertainment, the largest entertainment company in Korea.
An SM Entertainment songwriter created a song called “Let’s Go Everywhere,” which was later turned into a K-pop music video. By integrating safety rules into the music video, the safety video was created. Korean Air described the video as “unconventional, innovative and entertaining” and would capture the attention of passengers.
Korean Air will be hosting events to promote the safety video from Nov. 4 through Dec. 10. The airline encourages customers to share the video on their own channels. A model airplane with the SuperM livery will be awarded to the first 100 winners.
Many airlines have moved away from regular safety briefings in favor of memorable ones. Earlier this year, United’s Spiderman-themed safety briefing was tied to the release of the new movie. ANA’s safety briefing includes a homage to Japanese culture by including Kabuki, a form of traditional Japanese theater. Air New Zealand’s “Most Epic Safety Video Ever Made” went viral in 2014 after featuring a Hobbit-themed briefing that included a giant demonstrating the proper way to wear an oxygen mask.
And while low-cost carrier Frontier Airlines doesn’t have in-flight entertainment, one flight attendant back in 2018 was entertaining in his own right. Passengers on a flight from Orlando (MCO) to Colorado Springs (COS) were treated with a humorous rendition of the typically monotonous passenger safety briefing. A flight attendant started the presentation by introducing the flight attendant in the front of the plane as his wife and the one in the rear as his mistress.
He also made fun of the low-cost carrier, which charges for everything from a carry-on bag to a seat assignment to a can of soda. He added, “let’s be honest, only those of you who paid the extra $49.99 get any oxygen.”
Just make sure you’re paying attention (that means take off your noise-canceling headphones and look up from your magazine) to the safety briefing every time you fly. It may save your life in an emergency.
Featured image courtesy of Ethan Steinberg / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees