Jump Start Your Holiday Shopping With 1,000 Bonus Miles From Delta
Just in time for the holidays, the Delta Airlines SkyMiles shopping site is now offering an opportunity to earn up to 1,000 bonus miles for your online shopping purchases. Similar to the American, United, Southwest and Alaska shopping bonuses that came out last week, this is a tiered promotion based on your cumulative spend between now and Nov. 18, 2018.
- Tier 1: Spend $150, earn 500 Delta bonus miles
- Tier 2: Spend $300, earn 1,000 Delta bonus miles
This is low threshold to earn the maximum amount of miles, and based on TPG’s valuations this promotion is worth up to $12 toward future travel.
Fully Maximize the Miles Earned
In addition to the bonus offers you’ll earn, Delta is also offering some increased payouts at many popular stores. For example, if you are looking to shop at Macy’s for the upcoming holidays, the Delta portal is currently paying out a whopping 10x miles per dollar spent. You can stack that with the 5% cash back (or 5x points) you’ll earn at department stores as one of the Chase Freedom‘s 4th quarter 5x bonus categories, and a $300 purchase at Macy’s online can earn you a total of 4,000 Delta miles (10x x $300 + 1,000 bonus miles) + 1,500 Chase Ultimate Reward points (5x on the Chase Freedom). (The Chase Freedom is no longer open to new applicants)
The best part about using a shopping portal is that it can usually be combined with retailer sales and discounts, such as the current 30% off promotion offered by Macy’s. Just use coupon code EVENT to see if your purchase qualifies for the additional savings. Keep in mind that the tiered bonus is based on the actual amount spent, not the retail price of your total purchase.
Again, using the TPG’s point valuations, 3,000 Delta miles in the example above are worth $48, and the 1,500 Chase Ultimate Reward points are worth $30 when transferred to a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card — $78 worth of points and miles is pretty amazing for a purchase you were going to make anyway!
Using an online shopping portal is a great way to maximize your holiday shopping purchases. While this promotion is capped at $300 in spending, if you are really getting a jump-start on your holiday purchases, make sure to maximize as many of the other shopping portal bonuses as possible (or use different family members’ accounts). Theoretically, you could actually earn a total of 14,500 bonus miles among the five different airlines currently offering bonuses, plus the regular miles earned from your purchase. There is no better way to celebrate the holiday cheer than by treating yourself with some extra points and miles while purchasing gifts for others!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.