JSX kicks off 2022 with a new route and expanded service in 2 others
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Semi-private air carrier JSX is adding a new route to its ever-growing network.
The carrier announced on Wednesday that it’ll connect Oakland (OAK) and Phoenix (PHX) with nonstop flights launching on Feb. 18. The airline will fly twice-daily flights in the market, with introductory fares starting at $199 each way.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
While you might think the Oakland to Phoenix market is already crowded with competitors — both Frontier and Southwest together operate the route with more than five flights a day— JSX is looking to disrupt the status-quo with its unique semi-private operations, which includes taking off and landing from private jet terminals at each airport.
Plus, the carrier’s fleet of Embraer 135 and 145 aircraft feature just 30 seats in an extra spacious configuration, resembling a domestic first-class experience once onboard. The airline serves cocktails and snacks to its passengers.
Oakland will be JSX’s third route from Phoenix, joining Burbank (BUR) and Las Vegas (LAS).
In fact, the Oakland service isn’t actually a new idea for JSX. When the airline first commenced operations in Phoenix in August 2019, JSX had planned to also add flights to Oakland. That route was subsequently delayed and is only now taking off over two years later.
In addition to JSX’s new route, the airline will boost existing service in two markets between Burbank (BUR) and both Las Vegas (LAS) and Concord/Napa (CCR). One additional daily flight will be added to Vegas (for a total of up to seven times daily), while service to Concord will become daily beginning on March 6.
“JSX will continue to grow in 2022 and we look forward to announcing more exciting additions that I’m confident our customers will love,” said JSX CEO Alex Wilcox in a statement.
This growth builds on the positive momentum that JSX has seen in 2021, where it added a handful of routes, including its first foray into Florida, and introduced its new ultra-spacious 1-1 configuration on the Embraer 145.
Featured photo courtesy of JSX
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.