JetBlue Unveils New Brooklyn Nets Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In celebration of Jetblue extending its title as the Official Domestic Airlines of Barclays Center and the Brooklyn Nets for another five years, the New York-based airline revealed an Airbus 320 decked out in Nets livery.
“BK Blue,” designed by a team of Brooklyn and New York artists, draws inspiration from city street art, architecture and hip hop. Instead of JetBlue’s typical color scheme, this plane features the Nets’ colors of black and white and includes the airline’s co-branded trademark “I LOVE NEW YORK” — appropriate for the carrier who says it is “New York’s Hometown Airline.”
Of course, the central feature of the NBA-themed aircraft is the tail, which features a giant Brooklyn Nets logo that’s visible from miles above the ground.
The new livery was unveiled at JetBlue’s Hangar at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in honor of the 2018-19 NBA basketball season tip-off. The event featured a DJ set of “Brooklyn hits,” food trucks offering local BK favorites and performances by the Brooklynettes dance team. There was also a Brooklyn Nets fashion show in which the team showed off its new Nike NBA City Edition uniforms and merchandise line, which also draws heavy inspiration from the New York borough.
The partnership will also bring a bit of the airline into the Barclays Center. JetBlue’s onboard Wi-Fi service, “Fly-Fi,” will be available throughout the arena as the official wireless network of the venue. The service will remain free.
“JetBlue Airways was one of Barclays Center’s first partners when we opened our arena doors in 2012, and today marks a terrific expansion to our great partnership,” said Brett Yormark, CEO of BSE Global, the company in charge of operations for the Nets and the Barclay’s Center. “A fully branded aircraft that pays homage to Brooklyn and one of its most beloved icons is a fitting statement to make as we enter the next phase of our strategic alliance.”
“BK Blue” will be taking flight on routes throughout JetBlue’s network in the US, Latin America and the Caribbean.
All images courtesy JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.