This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In celebration of Jetblue extending its title as the Official Domestic Airlines of Barclays Center and the Brooklyn Nets for another five years, the New York-based airline revealed an Airbus 320 decked out in Nets livery.
“BK Blue,” designed by a team of Brooklyn and New York artists, draws inspiration from city street art, architecture and hip hop. Instead of JetBlue’s typical color scheme, this plane features the Nets’ colors of black and white and includes the airline’s co-branded trademark “I LOVE NEW YORK” — appropriate for the carrier who says it is “New York’s Hometown Airline.”
Of course, the central feature of the NBA-themed aircraft is the tail, which features a giant Brooklyn Nets logo that’s visible from miles above the ground.
The new livery was unveiled at JetBlue’s Hangar at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in honor of the 2018-19 NBA basketball season tip-off. The event featured a DJ set of “Brooklyn hits,” food trucks offering local BK favorites and performances by the Brooklynettes dance team. There was also a Brooklyn Nets fashion show in which the team showed off its new Nike NBA City Edition uniforms and merchandise line, which also draws heavy inspiration from the New York borough.
The partnership will also bring a bit of the airline into the Barclays Center. JetBlue’s onboard Wi-Fi service, “Fly-Fi,” will be available throughout the arena as the official wireless network of the venue. The service will remain free.
“JetBlue Airways was one of Barclays Center’s first partners when we opened our arena doors in 2012, and today marks a terrific expansion to our great partnership,” said Brett Yormark, CEO of BSE Global, the company in charge of operations for the Nets and the Barclay’s Center. “A fully branded aircraft that pays homage to Brooklyn and one of its most beloved icons is a fitting statement to make as we enter the next phase of our strategic alliance.”
“BK Blue” will be taking flight on routes throughout JetBlue’s network in the US, Latin America and the Caribbean.
All images courtesy JetBlue.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees