This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In celebration of Jetblue extending its title as the Official Domestic Airlines of Barclays Center and the Brooklyn Nets for another five years, the New York-based airline revealed an Airbus 320 decked out in Nets livery.
“BK Blue,” designed by a team of Brooklyn and New York artists, draws inspiration from city street art, architecture and hip hop. Instead of JetBlue’s typical color scheme, this plane features the Nets’ colors of black and white and includes the airline’s co-branded trademark “I LOVE NEW YORK” — appropriate for the carrier who says it is “New York’s Hometown Airline.”
Of course, the central feature of the NBA-themed aircraft is the tail, which features a giant Brooklyn Nets logo that’s visible from miles above the ground.
The new livery was unveiled at JetBlue’s Hangar at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in honor of the 2018-19 NBA basketball season tip-off. The event featured a DJ set of “Brooklyn hits,” food trucks offering local BK favorites and performances by the Brooklynettes dance team. There was also a Brooklyn Nets fashion show in which the team showed off its new Nike NBA City Edition uniforms and merchandise line, which also draws heavy inspiration from the New York borough.
The partnership will also bring a bit of the airline into the Barclays Center. JetBlue’s onboard Wi-Fi service, “Fly-Fi,” will be available throughout the arena as the official wireless network of the venue. The service will remain free.
“JetBlue Airways was one of Barclays Center’s first partners when we opened our arena doors in 2012, and today marks a terrific expansion to our great partnership,” said Brett Yormark, CEO of BSE Global, the company in charge of operations for the Nets and the Barclay’s Center. “A fully branded aircraft that pays homage to Brooklyn and one of its most beloved icons is a fitting statement to make as we enter the next phase of our strategic alliance.”
“BK Blue” will be taking flight on routes throughout JetBlue’s network in the US, Latin America and the Caribbean.
All images courtesy JetBlue.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees