JetBlue Unveils New Brooklyn Nets Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In celebration of Jetblue extending its title as the Official Domestic Airlines of Barclays Center and the Brooklyn Nets for another five years, the New York-based airline revealed an Airbus 320 decked out in Nets livery.
“BK Blue,” designed by a team of Brooklyn and New York artists, draws inspiration from city street art, architecture and hip hop. Instead of JetBlue’s typical color scheme, this plane features the Nets’ colors of black and white and includes the airline’s co-branded trademark “I LOVE NEW YORK” — appropriate for the carrier who says it is “New York’s Hometown Airline.”
Of course, the central feature of the NBA-themed aircraft is the tail, which features a giant Brooklyn Nets logo that’s visible from miles above the ground.
The new livery was unveiled at JetBlue’s Hangar at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in honor of the 2018-19 NBA basketball season tip-off. The event featured a DJ set of “Brooklyn hits,” food trucks offering local BK favorites and performances by the Brooklynettes dance team. There was also a Brooklyn Nets fashion show in which the team showed off its new Nike NBA City Edition uniforms and merchandise line, which also draws heavy inspiration from the New York borough.
The partnership will also bring a bit of the airline into the Barclays Center. JetBlue’s onboard Wi-Fi service, “Fly-Fi,” will be available throughout the arena as the official wireless network of the venue. The service will remain free.
“JetBlue Airways was one of Barclays Center’s first partners when we opened our arena doors in 2012, and today marks a terrific expansion to our great partnership,” said Brett Yormark, CEO of BSE Global, the company in charge of operations for the Nets and the Barclay’s Center. “A fully branded aircraft that pays homage to Brooklyn and one of its most beloved icons is a fitting statement to make as we enter the next phase of our strategic alliance.”
“BK Blue” will be taking flight on routes throughout JetBlue’s network in the US, Latin America and the Caribbean.
All images courtesy JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees