JetBlue unveils ‘streamers’ tail for new Airbus jet that will take it to London
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The design features waving ribbons in varying shades of blue that is meant to be both celebratory and bring to mind images of ocean waves and the jet stream, JetBlue told staff in an internal communiqué on Tuesday that it shared with TPG. Streamers will adorn the tails of all of the 13 A321LRs it has on order.
The New York-based carrier remains on track to launch flights to London from both Boston Logan (BOS) and New York John F. Kennedy (JFK) by late 2021. JetBlue aims to disrupt the market with a premium but more affordable product, similar to what it did with Mint on U.S. transcontinental routes.
JetBlue executives have said that the airline will also unveil an updated Mint product on the A321LRs for the new London flights. However, they are mum on the details of what that offering will look like.
The airline’s first A321LR is being assembled at Airbus’ facility in Hamburg, Germany, and is due for delivery sometime in early 2021. JetBlue plans to take five A321LRs next year under a revised delivery schedule unveiled in May.
The A321LR is a longer-range variant of the A321neo with a range of roughly 4,700 miles. That is enough for it to comfortably carry a full load of passengers between New York and western European destinations such as Amsterdam, London and Paris.
JetBlue also has firm orders for 13 A321XLRs, which boasts an even longer range than the A321LR. The first XLR is not due until 2023 and will allow the airline to fly even deeper into Europe.
A321neo deliveries cut by 8 airframes.
— Edward Russell (@byerussell) May 7, 2020
Featured image courtesy of JetBlue Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.