JetBlue Just Rolled Out a Special Boston Bruins Plane
There’s a new JetBlue airplane wearing a special livery, this time to celebrate the Boston Bruins hockey team. The airline revealed the special-colors plane, looking very different from the usual white-and-blue, at Boston Logan International Airport on Monday, as the Bruins compete in the NHL Eastern Conference Finals.
Aptly named “Bear Force One,” the Airbus A320 was unveiled at a ceremony in the presence of JetBlue and Bruins executives plus the Bruins’ mascot, Blades the Bruin, and fans. The aircraft is going on its first revenue flight with the new livery on Monday, transporting Bruins fans on a charter flight to Raleigh-Durham for Game 3 of the finals. It will then return to regular scheduled service with the airline.
This is the very first JetBlue livery dedicated to a team in the NHL, but the airline has been focusing on Boston for years, and it’s now the largest carrier out of BOS based on the number of flights, customers carried and nonstop destinations served. Last year, to celebrate the Boston Celtic’s run in the NBA playoffs, JetBlue decked out one of its A320s in bright green and white. The airline also has special-livery airplanes in support of other teams: the Boston Red Sox, the New York Jets, and Real Salt Lake. (You can keep track of the airline’s various special-themed jets at Aeropx.com.)
Fan of the Bruins? Or just can’t get enough of these novelty liveries? Well, if you want to track the movements of “Bear Force One” — or, potentially, fly aboard it — its registration is N632JB. Follow its movements on FlightRadar24.com.
All photos courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.