JetBlue Just Rolled Out a Special Boston Bruins Plane
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a new JetBlue airplane wearing a special livery, this time to celebrate the Boston Bruins hockey team. The airline revealed the special-colors plane, looking very different from the usual white-and-blue, at Boston Logan International Airport on Monday, as the Bruins compete in the NHL Eastern Conference Finals.
Aptly named “Bear Force One,” the Airbus A320 was unveiled at a ceremony in the presence of JetBlue and Bruins executives plus the Bruins’ mascot, Blades the Bruin, and fans. The aircraft is going on its first revenue flight with the new livery on Monday, transporting Bruins fans on a charter flight to Raleigh-Durham for Game 3 of the finals. It will then return to regular scheduled service with the airline.
This is the very first JetBlue livery dedicated to a team in the NHL, but the airline has been focusing on Boston for years, and it’s now the largest carrier out of BOS based on the number of flights, customers carried and nonstop destinations served. Last year, to celebrate the Boston Celtic’s run in the NBA playoffs, JetBlue decked out one of its A320s in bright green and white. The airline also has special-livery airplanes in support of other teams: the Boston Red Sox, the New York Jets, and Real Salt Lake. (You can keep track of the airline’s various special-themed jets at Aeropx.com.)
Fan of the Bruins? Or just can’t get enough of these novelty liveries? Well, if you want to track the movements of “Bear Force One” — or, potentially, fly aboard it — its registration is N632JB. Follow its movements on FlightRadar24.com.
All photos courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees