London’s calling, again: JetBlue launches service to Gatwick tonight for its second UK route
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue launches its inaugural service to London’s Gatwick airport tonight, seven weeks after the airline kicked off its long-awaited U.K. service to London’s Heathrow airport.
The Gatwick launch comes under very different circumstances to the Heathrow inaugural, which JetBlue hopes will lead to strong demand on both routes.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
The U.K. has been open without quarantine to vaccinated American travelers for nearly two months, and the United States has announced plans to open to vaccinated visitors in November.
Even before launching the flights, JetBlue trimmed back its planned daily service to each airport due to COVID-related demand headwinds.
With both countries reopening, however, the airline hopes that there will be enough demand to drive solid load factors on both routes. The carrier also plans to launch service from Boston to both London airports next year.
As with the Heathrow flight, JetBlue plans to operate the Gatwick service using its Airbus A321LR fleet, equipped with the airline’s top-of-the-line Mint Suites and Studios, comparable to what you can find on the airline’s Mint-equipped A321neo fleet, just with a larger business class cabin.
In coach, or “Core,” the airline will match the Heathrow service with its selection of customized meals created by New York-based restaurant group Dig.
TPG will be aboard the inaugural getting a first-hand look at the service in the back, so be sure to check back for more!
JetBlue flight 43 from JFK to Gatwick is scheduled to depart at 7:48 p.m., arriving at 7:55 a.m., all times local.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.