London’s calling, again: JetBlue launches service to Gatwick tonight for its second UK route
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue launches its inaugural service to London’s Gatwick airport tonight, seven weeks after the airline kicked off its long-awaited U.K. service to London’s Heathrow airport.
The Gatwick launch comes under very different circumstances to the Heathrow inaugural, which JetBlue hopes will lead to strong demand on both routes.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
The U.K. has been open without quarantine to vaccinated American travelers for nearly two months, and the United States has announced plans to open to vaccinated visitors in November.
Even before launching the flights, JetBlue trimmed back its planned daily service to each airport due to COVID-related demand headwinds.
With both countries reopening, however, the airline hopes that there will be enough demand to drive solid load factors on both routes. The carrier also plans to launch service from Boston to both London airports next year.
As with the Heathrow flight, JetBlue plans to operate the Gatwick service using its Airbus A321LR fleet, equipped with the airline’s top-of-the-line Mint Suites and Studios, comparable to what you can find on the airline’s Mint-equipped A321neo fleet, just with a larger business class cabin.
In coach, or “Core,” the airline will match the Heathrow service with its selection of customized meals created by New York-based restaurant group Dig.
TPG will be aboard the inaugural getting a first-hand look at the service in the back, so be sure to check back for more!
JetBlue flight 43 from JFK to Gatwick is scheduled to depart at 7:48 p.m., arriving at 7:55 a.m., all times local.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees