Cheers: JetBlue to offer hard seltzer on its flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hard seltzer fanatics, rejoice: JetBlue is the first airline to announce a partnership with Truly Hard Seltzer, the alcoholic beverage brand people everywhere are calling ‘pretty fizzy’ and ‘kind of fruity.’ All jokes aside, Truly Hard Seltzer and JetBlue will be offering Truly Wild Berry on flights, though no specific date has yet been announced.
Truly Wild Berry is one of thirteen different flavors offered by the seltzer company, all of which feature less calories and sugar than most other alcoholic beverages. This is due to the fermentation process, which utilizes malt instead of the usual sugar. As a personal fan of the drinks, I can tell you that they’re inoffensive and easy to drink, which is about as good as you can hope for with alcohol.
Unfortunately, there isn’t a price point yet for these drinks, but JetBlue charges $8 for its beers and hard ciders, so I’d guess that this will be about the same. That’s about average for airline pricing, but outrageous in comparison to its standard price, which runs around $14 for a pack of twelve.
Overall, this is a pleasant development for JetBlue flyers. It’s always nice to see airlines expanding their offerings and this partnership is no different. I’m looking forward to my first taste of hard seltzer 35,000 feet in the air.
Feature photo by Katie Genter/The Points Guy
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee