JetBlue Releases Limited Time Aviation-Themed Clothing Line for Girls
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
According to only 7% of pilots in the United States are women. The reasons for women making up such a small percentage of pilots are long and varied, but with Thursday being National STEM Day (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math), JetBlue and Princess Awesome have teamed up to release a limited time “Airplanes Collection” clothing line for girls that features blue jets as the focal point of the line.,
While my impression is that things are getting better, if you’ve ever walked into most clothing stores, you may have seen dinosaurs, planes and superheroes on boy clothing while you often find princesses, ponies and lots of pink and purple on girl clothing. Those are all great options, but it’s also appreciated when a company like Princess Awesome sets out to give girls clothing options that represent a full range of interests that go beyond just puppies, ponies and princesses.
From Nov. 8-19, or while supplies last, the cute girls’ aviation-themed items will be available on ShopJetBlue.com. Starting on Nov. 13, some of the items will also be available on the Princess Awesome website, which already features some similar airplane designs in pink and grey. These items on JetBlue’s site currently range from $17-$43.
While you are on the ShopBlue site, you can also pick up toy planes, pilot costumes or JetBlue-themed stuffed animals for any aviation-loving kiddos (or adults) on your shopping list. Having a pair of airplane leggings and a toy airplane probably won’t cause your daughter to become a pilot, but it won’t hurt. At the very least, I’ve found that airplane leggings and a comfy shirt creates the perfect kid’s travel uniform.
The percentage of student pilots in the US who identify as female is over 12%, which is higher than the current ratio of female pilots. With “Girls in Aviation” events and a continued emphasis on STEM, hopefully the number of girls who want to sit in the cockpit grows over time — with or without airplane leggings.
Featured image courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.