JetBlue Releases Limited Time Aviation-Themed Clothing Line for Girls
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
According to only 7% of pilots in the United States are women. The reasons for women making up such a small percentage of pilots are long and varied, but with Thursday being National STEM Day (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math), JetBlue and Princess Awesome have teamed up to release a limited time “Airplanes Collection” clothing line for girls that features blue jets as the focal point of the line.,
While my impression is that things are getting better, if you’ve ever walked into most clothing stores, you may have seen dinosaurs, planes and superheroes on boy clothing while you often find princesses, ponies and lots of pink and purple on girl clothing. Those are all great options, but it’s also appreciated when a company like Princess Awesome sets out to give girls clothing options that represent a full range of interests that go beyond just puppies, ponies and princesses.
From Nov. 8-19, or while supplies last, the cute girls’ aviation-themed items will be available on ShopJetBlue.com. Starting on Nov. 13, some of the items will also be available on the Princess Awesome website, which already features some similar airplane designs in pink and grey. These items on JetBlue’s site currently range from $17-$43.
While you are on the ShopBlue site, you can also pick up toy planes, pilot costumes or JetBlue-themed stuffed animals for any aviation-loving kiddos (or adults) on your shopping list. Having a pair of airplane leggings and a toy airplane probably won’t cause your daughter to become a pilot, but it won’t hurt. At the very least, I’ve found that airplane leggings and a comfy shirt creates the perfect kid’s travel uniform.
The percentage of student pilots in the US who identify as female is over 12%, which is higher than the current ratio of female pilots. With “Girls in Aviation” events and a continued emphasis on STEM, hopefully the number of girls who want to sit in the cockpit grows over time — with or without airplane leggings.
Featured image courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees