JetBlue Gets in on the Rosé Wine Craze
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The passengers of JetBlue’s Flight 2267 on June 21, from from Boston (BOS) to Charleston, South Carolina (CHS), will get a pretty different experience from the ordinary — the flight, which JetBlue calls “Up, Up and Rosé,” will feature a free in-flight wine tasting led by the airline’s wine expert, Jon Bonné. (Bonné is the man behind the wine list on JetBlue’s Mint, TPG’s favorite US domestic premium class.)
Plus, JetBlue is encouraging passengers to wear pink for the ride into Charleston.
On Flight B6 2267 — which departs at 2:48pm, definitely not too early for rosé — Bonné will be serving passengers a complimentary glass of Famille Chavin Duc de France Rosé, which retails for $7. According to JetBlue’s menu, the rosé is “delicate on the palate, revealing lovely citrus and red berry flavors and boasting a long fresh finish.”
To go with the wine there will be JetBlue’s PickMeUp box. The box is complimentary as well — ordinarily it would cost $8 — and contains a trio of Wisconsin cheeses (green onion, smoked gouda and sharp cheddar), plus dried cherries and crackers.
According to JetBlue’s site, standard-legroom seats are still available from $360. So, if you’re looking to get from Boston to Charleston next Thursday and you have an affinity for rosé, you might want to snag a seat. JetBlue is jumping on a trendy bandwagon here: Sales of rosé climbed more than 50% in the year up to August 2017, and National Rosé Day — for real! — was last Saturday.
Featured image by Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees