JetBlue expands partnership with Qatar Airways, new loyalty benefits coming soon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue and Qatar Airways have been partners since June of 2011, letting customers pair flights from both carriers on a single ticket. Now, with the airlines approaching their 10-year anniversary, that arrangement just got a big boost.
As of Monday, April 19, JetBlue customers will be able to book even more Qatar Airways flights as part of their itinerary. You’ll find JetBlue’s “B6” flight number attached to flights between the following U.S. cities and Doha (DOH):
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- New York’s John F. Kennedy international Airport (JFK)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
And the fun doesn’t stop in Doha — JetBlue flyers will be able to connect on a “B6” Qatar flight between the additional destinations below as well:
- Amman, Jordan (AMM)
- Entebbe, Uganda (EBB)
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (KUL)
- Male, Maldives (MLE)
- Muscat, Oman (MCT)
- Salalah, Oman (SLL)
- Seychelles (SEZ)
- Singapore (SIN)
Combined with existing flight options, JetBlue customers will be able to book Qatar Airways flights to 80+ airports in Africa, Asia, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
More partner news: Everything you need to know about the American Airlines-JetBlue alliance
While all of the routes aren’t available to book just yet, a few have already popped up, including New York-JFK to Entebbe, Uganda (EBB), below:
Be sure to compare pricing when booked directly with Qatar Airways as well — in some cases, you may save a considerable amount when booking through one carrier over the other, as you can see with the identical Qatar booking below:
Either way, it could make sense to book through JetBlue — codeshare bookings are eligible the airline’s flexible booking policy, including free voluntary changes. If customers choose to cancel their trip entirely, funds will be deposited in JetBlue’s Travel Bank — from there, they’ll only be valid for flights operated by JetBlue, and need to be used within one year.
Later this year, JetBlue TrueBlue and Qatar Privilege Club members will be able to earn miles on flights operated by both carriers, with redemptions becoming available down the line as well. JetBlue already partners with a handful of carriers for earning and redemptions, including Emirates and Icelandair. The carrier will soon expand its partnership with American Airlines, too.
Featured photo by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.