This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Japan Airlines’ first ever Airbus is taking shape on the final assembly line in Toulouse. JAL placed an order for 31 of the A350 aircraft back in 2013. The airline is set to take delivery of 18 -900 and 13 -1000 variants, with options for an additional 25 aircraft.
The Airbus aircraft order marked a major departure from JAL’s current fleet comprised of Boeing 787s, 777s and 767s, with Embraer and Bombardier aircraft rounding out its regional fleet.
JAL’s first A350-900 is scheduled to be delivered during the second quarter of 2019. The new aircraft will be used on the Haneda — Fukuoka route starting in September. The new hardware will replace JAL’s current domestic Boeing 777, which is configured with business and economy class seating.
Featured photo by Airbus
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards