Japan Airlines’ First Ever Airbus Takes Shape
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Japan Airlines’ first ever Airbus is taking shape on the final assembly line in Toulouse. JAL placed an order for 31 of the A350 aircraft back in 2013. The airline is set to take delivery of 18 -900 and 13 -1000 variants, with options for an additional 25 aircraft.
The Airbus aircraft order marked a major departure from JAL’s current fleet comprised of Boeing 787s, 777s and 767s, with Embraer and Bombardier aircraft rounding out its regional fleet.
JAL’s first A350-900 is scheduled to be delivered during the second quarter of 2019. The new aircraft will be used on the Haneda — Fukuoka route starting in September. The new hardware will replace JAL’s current domestic Boeing 777, which is configured with business and economy class seating.
Featured photo by Airbus
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.