Italy’s ITA Airways unveils new livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Italy Air Transport (ITA) Airways has revealed its new livery after launching on Oct. 15.
The sky-blue livery features green, red and white stripes representing the colors of the Italian flag on the tail and engines of the aircraft.
The airline will operate with a network of 44 destinations, 59 routes and 191 flights in total. It will offer 24 domestic and 56 international options, according to ITA’s press release.
ITA expects to increase those numbers to 58 destinations and 74 routes in 2022 and 74 destinations and 89 routes in 2025.
Charter flights were also launched, starting with a Milan Malpensa (MXP) to Rome flight. ITA said it will focus its activity on the Rome Fiumicino hub and the Milan Linate (LIN) airport.
ITA said it will start with 52 aircrafts with expectations to grow to 78 planes in 2022 and reach 105 new aircrafts by 2025.
The airline said it will join Sky Team and launch ‘Volare’ a new frequent flier loyalty program, with four levels: Smart, Plus, Premium and Executive.
According to AP News, ITA paid 90 million euros (over $104 million) for the rights to the Alitalia brand and website but will be called ITA Airways. The new ITA aircraft design borrows from Alitalia plane color schemes of green, red and white.
In August, Alitalia stopped issuing tickets and prepared to shut down operations. The airline was in bankruptcy since 2017 and was nationalized by the Italian government in March 2020 as the COVID-19 crisis threw the airline industry into turmoil.
“For every end, there is always a new beginning,” said Fabio Lazzerini, chief executive officer of ITA Airways in a press release. “This is just the first step in an ambitious project: the creation of the new flagship airline that will connect our country to the world and represent it through the work of the women and men who are and will be part of it”.
Featured photo by PJPhoto69/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees