Irishman Chases Departing Plane Before Being Arrested by Airport Police
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Running late for a flight? We’ve all been there, done that. Most of us probably have stories of missing our own flights. But few have been as determined to catch a departing plane as Irish traveler Patrick Ketoe, 23, who managed to sprint out of the Dublin Airport (DUB) toward his taxiing plane before being tackled to the ground by airport security.
According to local eyewitnesses, Kehoe ran from the building “with his suitcase under his arm” toward the Amsterdam-bound plane around 7:00am local time, begging and pleading the pilot to wait for him. Airport officials tackled him, resulting in a scuffle, and Kehoe was pinned to the tarmac before airport police arrested him.
Later Thursday morning, Ketoe was brought before the Dublin district court and charged with criminal damage to a door lock. Ketoe hid his face behind a folder and yelled at waiting journalists while leaving the courthouse, then swung his suitcase at them before pulling down his pants to flash his buttocks. He was released on bail for $233, and required to reappear before the court on Nov. 8.
An airport spokesperson told the BBC, “A male and female passenger were late for a Ryanair flight to Amsterdam this morning and arrived at the boarding gate after the flight had closed. They were engaging with Ryanair staff at the gate, and the male passenger was becoming agitated. He was banging on the window to try and get the aircraft to wait… and made his way onto the apron, trying to flag the aircraft down.”
Featured photo by Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.