Irishman Chases Departing Plane Before Being Arrested by Airport Police
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Running late for a flight? We’ve all been there, done that. Most of us probably have stories of missing our own flights. But few have been as determined to catch a departing plane as Irish traveler Patrick Ketoe, 23, who managed to sprint out of the Dublin Airport (DUB) toward his taxiing plane before being tackled to the ground by airport security.
According to local eyewitnesses, Kehoe ran from the building “with his suitcase under his arm” toward the Amsterdam-bound plane around 7:00am local time, begging and pleading the pilot to wait for him. Airport officials tackled him, resulting in a scuffle, and Kehoe was pinned to the tarmac before airport police arrested him.
Later Thursday morning, Ketoe was brought before the Dublin district court and charged with criminal damage to a door lock. Ketoe hid his face behind a folder and yelled at waiting journalists while leaving the courthouse, then swung his suitcase at them before pulling down his pants to flash his buttocks. He was released on bail for $233, and required to reappear before the court on Nov. 8.
An airport spokesperson told the BBC, “A male and female passenger were late for a Ryanair flight to Amsterdam this morning and arrived at the boarding gate after the flight had closed. They were engaging with Ryanair staff at the gate, and the male passenger was becoming agitated. He was banging on the window to try and get the aircraft to wait… and made his way onto the apron, trying to flag the aircraft down.”
Featured photo by Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees