Instagram Influencer Angers Internet by Taking Fairy Lights on Plane
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s not new information that people will go to incredible lengths to maintain their social media aesthetic. And for Instagram influencers, keeping up that aesthetic is a full-time job. Yet, according to some, Harimao Lee may have taken it a tad too far.
On board a Cathay Pacific flight in business class, the Hong Kong-based Instagram influencer sits in the footrest, cocooned in a blanket, Champagne in hand, a pensive look on her face as she stares out a dark plane window. Oh, and she’s also draped in fairy lights.
You can see why people are losing their minds over this. Trolls have taken to the comments section to express their rage.
However, not all of the comments are negative despite the bad press.
The photo is likely sponsored by Cathay Pacific, considering Lee included a #cathaycreators and an @cathaypacific in her caption, which people have also been heatedly discussing. After all, it might be a little difficult to “stargaze” with the glare of those additional fairy lights. However, Lee doesn’t seem too bothered by the hate. In fact, she brought her fairy lights out for a glory lap less than a month later.
So is it too extra? Or just part of the Instagram influencer lifestyle? Why put a limit on aesthetic, anyway? After all, people have done way worse to get a good Instagram. Either way, haters will hate. Trolls will troll. Lee, do you.
Featured Image by Muhammed Selim Korkutata/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee