This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s not new information that people will go to incredible lengths to maintain their social media aesthetic. And for Instagram influencers, keeping up that aesthetic is a full-time job. Yet, according to some, Harimao Lee may have taken it a tad too far.
On board a Cathay Pacific flight in business class, the Hong Kong-based Instagram influencer sits in the footrest, cocooned in a blanket, Champagne in hand, a pensive look on her face as she stares out a dark plane window. Oh, and she’s also draped in fairy lights.
You can see why people are losing their minds over this. Trolls have taken to the comments section to express their rage.
However, not all of the comments are negative despite the bad press.
The photo is likely sponsored by Cathay Pacific, considering Lee included a #cathaycreators and an @cathaypacific in her caption, which people have also been heatedly discussing. After all, it might be a little difficult to “stargaze” with the glare of those additional fairy lights. However, Lee doesn’t seem too bothered by the hate. In fact, she brought her fairy lights out for a glory lap less than a month later.
So is it too extra? Or just part of the Instagram influencer lifestyle? Why put a limit on aesthetic, anyway? After all, people have done way worse to get a good Instagram. Either way, haters will hate. Trolls will troll. Lee, do you.
Featured Image by Muhammed Selim Korkutata/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards