Instagram Influencer Angers Internet by Taking Fairy Lights on Plane
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s not new information that people will go to incredible lengths to maintain their social media aesthetic. And for Instagram influencers, keeping up that aesthetic is a full-time job. Yet, according to some, Harimao Lee may have taken it a tad too far.
On board a Cathay Pacific flight in business class, the Hong Kong-based Instagram influencer sits in the footrest, cocooned in a blanket, Champagne in hand, a pensive look on her face as she stares out a dark plane window. Oh, and she’s also draped in fairy lights.
You can see why people are losing their minds over this. Trolls have taken to the comments section to express their rage.
However, not all of the comments are negative despite the bad press.
The photo is likely sponsored by Cathay Pacific, considering Lee included a #cathaycreators and an @cathaypacific in her caption, which people have also been heatedly discussing. After all, it might be a little difficult to “stargaze” with the glare of those additional fairy lights. However, Lee doesn’t seem too bothered by the hate. In fact, she brought her fairy lights out for a glory lap less than a month later.
So is it too extra? Or just part of the Instagram influencer lifestyle? Why put a limit on aesthetic, anyway? After all, people have done way worse to get a good Instagram. Either way, haters will hate. Trolls will troll. Lee, do you.
Featured Image by Muhammed Selim Korkutata/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees