Instagram Influencer Angers Internet by Taking Fairy Lights on Plane
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s not new information that people will go to incredible lengths to maintain their social media aesthetic. And for Instagram influencers, keeping up that aesthetic is a full-time job. Yet, according to some, Harimao Lee may have taken it a tad too far.
On board a Cathay Pacific flight in business class, the Hong Kong-based Instagram influencer sits in the footrest, cocooned in a blanket, Champagne in hand, a pensive look on her face as she stares out a dark plane window. Oh, and she’s also draped in fairy lights.
You can see why people are losing their minds over this. Trolls have taken to the comments section to express their rage.
However, not all of the comments are negative despite the bad press.
The photo is likely sponsored by Cathay Pacific, considering Lee included a #cathaycreators and an @cathaypacific in her caption, which people have also been heatedly discussing. After all, it might be a little difficult to “stargaze” with the glare of those additional fairy lights. However, Lee doesn’t seem too bothered by the hate. In fact, she brought her fairy lights out for a glory lap less than a month later.
So is it too extra? Or just part of the Instagram influencer lifestyle? Why put a limit on aesthetic, anyway? After all, people have done way worse to get a good Instagram. Either way, haters will hate. Trolls will troll. Lee, do you.
Featured Image by Muhammed Selim Korkutata/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.