Video: Inside the Etihad Residence with TPG
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Five years after its introduction, Etihad‘s The Residence is still the most exclusive experience one can have in the air aside from flying private. In this week’s episode of “Being The Points Guy,” Brian looks back at his experience being the first Etihad Residence from New York (JFK) to Abu Dhabi (AUH).
Surprisingly, it’s not as hard to book on points and miles as Air France’s vaunted La Première first class considering it’s a three-room suite. On an airplane. With a dedicated butler. But it will certainly cost you a pretty penny, like $20,000 – $30,000 pretty. Or you can book it for about 2 million Etihad Guest miles, which is lofty, but makes for a sweet redemption when you compare it to the cash price. You can transfer points from either American Express Membership Rewards or Citi ThankYou Rewards, so there are easy ways to top up your mileage balance quickly without actually flying the airline.
There’s nothing in the sky today that comes close to The Residence and with the upcoming demise of the plane that makes such use of space possible, the Airbus A380, it’s unlikely there will be anything like it once Etihad retires its superjumbos. So get on board while you still can.
Watch the full video below — and don’t forget to subscribe at the bottom of the page!
Enjoy this video? Check back in with us for more episodes of “Being the Points Guy” every Thursday. And if you’ve fallen behind, catch up here.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.