Video: Inside the Etihad Residence with TPG
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Five years after its introduction, Etihad‘s The Residence is still the most exclusive experience one can have in the air aside from flying private. In this week’s episode of “Being The Points Guy,” Brian looks back at his experience being the first Etihad Residence from New York (JFK) to Abu Dhabi (AUH).
Surprisingly, it’s not as hard to book on points and miles as Air France’s vaunted La Première first class considering it’s a three-room suite. On an airplane. With a dedicated butler. But it will certainly cost you a pretty penny, like $20,000 – $30,000 pretty. Or you can book it for about 2 million Etihad Guest miles, which is lofty, but makes for a sweet redemption when you compare it to the cash price. You can transfer points from either American Express Membership Rewards or Citi ThankYou Rewards, so there are easy ways to top up your mileage balance quickly without actually flying the airline.
There’s nothing in the sky today that comes close to The Residence and with the upcoming demise of the plane that makes such use of space possible, the Airbus A380, it’s unlikely there will be anything like it once Etihad retires its superjumbos. So get on board while you still can.
Watch the full video below — and don’t forget to subscribe at the bottom of the page!
Enjoy this video? Check back in with us for more episodes of “Being the Points Guy” every Thursday. And if you’ve fallen behind, catch up here.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees